Bewitched

→ in
Tools    

Nicole Kidman is a stunningly beautiful woman and she gave a great deal of depth to her role. Will Ferrel is always a dependable source of laughs. That said, this was a fun movie--a great date movie. Light-hearted, frothy, nostalgic fun. Enjoyable! Nicole Kidman...

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I'm guessing this is out then, didn't realise it was finished already.
Yeah, it was released last Friday.

Not as impressive as I had hoped. The film ends terribly. Shirley McClaine as the actress who plays Endora was stunning, and had a very funny scene near the end. Unfortunately, her part in the story was wasted and never wrapped up. I liked Agnes Moorehead as Endora in the TV series. She was a beast. Here, she's kind of a bimbo, which is great, but the movie should have had a different ending.

There's something wrong with Bewitched the movie. I find the trendy, Adaptation-esque mode of doing this Bewitched film interesting and clever, even, but I don't think it works to make something satisfying. How many people were pissed off walking out of Bewitched and not seeing a big screen version of the TV show? I wasn't one of those people, but a huge part of me does feel rather cheated.

I think this has to do with the fact that the movie makes Bewitched as this HUGE thing. Nicole Kidman, when she's cast to play Samantha in the new TV show they're making in the film, gets this big basket of Bewitched memorabilia. The film focuses on the fan base, talks about Elizabeth Montgomery and how sexy she used to be, and basically reminisces and creates interest in the show again. There's a scene where they have a press conference to announce the new stars of the new Bewitched show. It makes me think... if the old Bewitched show is such a huge deal in the world of this movie, which is self-referencing our world... then why didn't they realize that a movie that is true to the show would be better?

Describe Bewitched, the movie. Oh, it's about this witch named Isabel Bigalow. WHAT?! There was no Isabel Bigalow on Bewitched!

My diagnosis: The film is very underwhelming. There were a few things that make it funny, but I think the best audience for Bewitched would be actual witches, if they do exist - and I don't mean Wiccans!

This movie was a mess...despite the perfect casting of Kidman in the title role, this movie was a HUGE disappointment and that just seemed to spit on the grave of the original TV series. The set-up reviving the television show within the movie instead of just presenting the TV show as a movie just didn't work for me and Will Ferrell was miscast and this comes from a big Ferrell fan.