Crank

→ in
Tools    

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Well, this movie did tend to my need for violence and there was some sex and drugs ( making it the typical movie of the last 10 years ) and still it had love...Some freaky kinda love that I've never heard of, but isn't that after all the truest kind of love??LOL

Originally Posted by Opie Wayne
and still it had love...Some freaky kinda love that I've never heard of, but isn't that after all the truest kind of love??LOL
Do explain please.

there's a frog in my snake oil
So long as it wasn't rubber-coated donkey love the box office takings are safe.

---
EDIT
---

Many apologies - watched Nick Broomfield's Fetishes t'other day, and it seems to have left its mark

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Is this the film where Statham battles Keanu for worst actor ever award???
Apart from those two cockney geezer movies directed by two hit wonder Ritchie, everything else I've seen Statham in has been craptacular.
Don't fancy it at all, at least if they'd called it Crap, I'd have known he had a sense of humour!!!!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Well, it did what it set to do without fellating itself too much. And, personally, i think Statham is a decent action star.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Well, it did what it set to do without fellating itself too much. And, personally, i think Statham is a decent action star.
Yeah, I dont think he's so bad. 100 times better than Keanu anyways.

Statham may look bad in his non-Ritchie films, but only cuz his supporting cast is awful...he plays the same character in every film! how could that character be well-acted in one and horrible in the other?!?!?

Horrorphiliac

When I watched this movie it kind of reminded me how I finish every level of Hitman-mass murderer.And this is the first action movie that has a lot of violence,shooting,car chaseing and not a single explosion now tell me how can this be?!

Crank was more than just guns, explosions. and sex. Granted, it was all of that, but there was a lot more going on, especially visually. This film was a wild ride from start to finish. It had all the humor and b-movie level brutality with an A-level Tony Scott look. And it even managed to squeeze a hint of a moral into the mix. Much like Snakes on a Plane, this film is easy to watch and a whole lot of fun.

Pathetic excuse for a story, but the camerawork and comedy in Crank make the ticket price worth it, I reckon. Fun movie for what it is, but it's a good job it ended quickly because there's only so much non-stop action you can take before your brain starts to numb. If films like this are you're kind of thing, you'll like it. But if they're not, then this movie's unlikely to sway you.

Ok, so another one to watch when I am desperate

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by nebbit
Ok, so another one to watch when I am desperate

Ummm, even then, there's probably something better than this out there.

It was a lot ****ing better than Pirates of the Carribean 2
Haven't seen Pirates of the Carribean 2 yet, but that HAS to be better than Crank. Crank was garbage, and not even fun garbage.

What was wrong with it? It was just sit back and disengage fun hitting all the right buttons on the way.
No, it didn't hit any of the right buttons. The whole thing was just so...
Do you remember the Simpsons episode with "Poochy the Rockin' Dog?" Thats what this film reminds me of. It was trying so hard to be cool that it forgot to be GOOD.