the guy from ipod ads

Tools    

hey anyone seen this guy david elsewhere? he does the pop locking and liquid styles and i found out he was the guy behind the ipod commercials.

if your intrested check out youtube and let me know what you guys think!
*sorry not allowed to post links yet*

hmm anybody??

A system of cells interlinked
I am quite familiar with David Elsewhere, and have been watching his stuff for quite a while now. I practice liquid, tutting, and some waving, and he is a big name in the community. I prefer the styles of the LPC (guys like LPEric, FuManChu, Frequency) because they had a focus on liquid and brought that style higher than Elsewhere and Skywalker. Those guys are great, but they have a sort of weird, hybrid style.

I have never seen the iPod commercials, though...

Here is a short clip of some of the former LPC dudes (now known as Ekido). Right at the 1:00 mark is a guy that is about the same build as me, and I dance a hell of a lot like he does. Just not quite as smoothly...

&feature=related

Yea i do like his style and I wanted to see what other people thought of it as well.

Sedai those are awesome the LPC dudes are really talented

On the motorola site they posted up a pretty interesting concept too. For the launch of their new phone they have David Elsewhere dancing and popping to the different features. I actually found it pretty entertaining. check out what im talking about at motorola.com/e8 and I'm going to watch the LPC guys again too

The Adventure Starts Here!
Seds, I think he might mean the iPod ads with the silhouettes that dance -- and you can see the white earbuds and iPods in stark white contrast....

No?

A system of cells interlinked
Yea i do like his style and I wanted to see what other people thought of it as well.

Sedai those are awesome the LPC dudes are really talented

On the motorola site they posted up a pretty interesting concept too. For the launch of their new phone they have David Elsewhere dancing and popping to the different features. I actually found it pretty entertaining. check out what i'm talking about at motorola.com/e8 and I'm going to watch the LPC guys again too
Pop on over to Floasis.net, which is a site dedicated to Liquid. Some pretty cool videos over there, too. I haven't seen any of the commercials, as I don't watch them, but I will try to hunt it down if it has funk style dancing in it. I love Liquid, and over the past year have gotten a lot more serious about exploring the more advanced techniques (splits, rails, folds etc...)

Aus: The video I posted is unrelated to the iPod stuff, and was a sample of some of the dancing by the crew I was talking about.

Skywalker is pretty damn good - he does mostly tut and fold based stuff that uses contouring/threading almost 80% of the time. Slick, and certainly unique...

Here is a short montage of some Skywalker footage...the quality is a bit low, and I think some of this stuff is sort of whack, but it showcases his sick threading ability and near the end he does some folds that are mind bending...

This video is one of my favorite dancers. This is LPErics famous Daft Punk video, which is a full routine he did in 01, I think. He starts off with digits, which I find somewhat yawn inducing, but...once the actual beat kicks in, the dude just KILLS IT... One of the old school masters of the Liquid style...

&feature=rec-fresh

wow sedai thank you for that site... that was nothing short of amazing I love the flash they have going on within the site too.

Out of the david elsewhere videos on the motorola site i was talking about which one did you like most? for me personally I enjoyed "Haptic Touch"