PT. Anderson

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Damn, I completely spaced on that apartment scene for a second! More proof to your claims that line isn't developed properly? I think so! My favorite stuff is the Stanley stuff centered around the game show and the exploitation of children, which I abhor (the exploitation). Setting up the relationship between the host, Stanley and Donnie as he catches snippets on the tube in the bar is quite brilliantly done, and allows the viewer to explore the logical trajectories of some of the characters through the stories of their older/younger counterparts.

Clearly, Daddy issues are front and center in the film, as well, which is where some of my misgivings begin to emerge. However, i like the overall message about the Daddy issues at the end of the film, as most characters experience some level of reconciliation.

great director, 'magnolia' is the best, on my mind.. but "there will be blood" is the masterpice with its deniel - dei luis ) my all time favourite actor.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Has anyone here watched "That Moment", the behind the scenes documentary on the making of Magnolia? It's a very interesting watch, especially to see Paul Thomas Anderson's journey to make his "film of a lifetime". It's almost as interesting as the film itself.

Has anyone here watched "That Moment", the behind the scenes documentary on the making of Magnolia? It's a very interesting watch, especially to see Paul Thomas Anderson's journey to make his "film of a lifetime". It's almost as interesting as the film itself.
It is a great watch. Insight not only into the film's production which is interesting in itself, but also PTA's head. He's more of a mad genus than I already assumed.

The only weird thing about That Moment was that small part near the end, where PTA is shaking that woman, yelling "Boogie Nights was good!". It cracked me up.

Seriously, Paul Thomas Anderson is one of my favourite writer/directors. He has an amazing ability to elicit career best performances from his actors, and both the technical and emotional aspects of his films are astounding. I've seen all of his films but Sydney, and out of all of his films that I have seen, Magnolia is his true masterpiece. His most flawed, yet perfect film.

I love Daniel Day Lewis but I don't understand the fascination with There Will Be Blood. The pace was way too slow. I kept waiting for something to happen. I know many of you disagree, but for me, this was one boring movie. I think someone mentioned that it should have beaten out No Country For Old Men. Are you kidding me?
Now I can watch a Terence Malick movie all day long and expect nothing, just enjoy the great imagery.

I love Daniel Day Lewis but I don't understand the fascination with There Will Be Blood. The pace was way too slow. I kept waiting for something to happen. I know many of you disagree, but for me, this was one boring movie. I think someone mentioned that it should have beaten out No Country For Old Men. Are you kidding me?
Now I can watch a Terence Malick movie all day long and expect nothing, just enjoy the great imagery.
I didn't think that much of There Will Be Blood myself, but there was a lot happening on a emotional level in that movie, and the cinematography was perfect. And what else can you say about Daniel Day Lewis' performance? It's brilliant. Now I'd rate it a
, but that is purely for that one performance. Without it, it'd be a miserly
+. But I'd like to see it again.