A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Aw, too bad.

And actually, I did a movie night with my sister and her husband this weekend and we were picking between Anna and the Apocalypse and Wolf of Snow Hollow. We went with the latter and loved it, so a lucky choice!

Aw, too bad.

And actually, I did a movie night with my sister and her husband this weekend and we were picking between Anna and the Apocalypse and Wolf of Snow Hollow. We went with the latter and loved it, so a lucky choice!
How worried should I be about WoSH ruining my life?

How worried should I be about WoSH ruining my life?
Not at all, IMO. I almost wrote you a PM about it after watching the film.

Wolf of Snowy Hollow is 80% drama/comedy about how the main character is reacting to the pressure of not being able to solve a high-stakes case. It takes place over a long period of time (weeks).

Yours is far more pure horror (not without drama/comedy of course, but that's not your main focus), has a far more focused time frame, and overall the vibe is just really different. Honestly, the only real overlap I see is that both have a likable female police person (yours a sheriff, theirs a deputy), but that's about it.

Sounds like MKS should be making A Bad Night in Talbot instead of excuses. :P

Not at all, IMO. I almost wrote you a PM about it after watching the film.

Wolf of Snowy Hollow is 80% drama/comedy about how the main character is reacting to the pressure of not being able to solve a high-stakes case. It takes place over a long period of time (weeks).

Yours is far more pure horror (not without drama/comedy of course, but that's not your main focus), has a far more focused time frame, and overall the vibe is just really different. Honestly, the only real overlap I see is that both have a likable female police person (yours a sheriff, theirs a deputy), but that's about it.
Phew. I was worried. Now I’m just excited to see it.

Psst...

WARNING: spoilers below
Mine was a deputy too. Everyone just thought she was the Sheriff because she’d been on the force the longest and was clearly the best officer on the force.

So we're basically exactly the same and I need to call the whole thing off!!!

Sounds like MKS should be making A Bad Night in Talbot instead of excuses. :P
You don't get it, Des. A movie has a similar elevator pitch to Bad Night. It's best to burn the script and pretend like it didn't happen.

So we're basically exactly the same and I need to call the whole thing off!!!
"They had a lady, MY movie has a lady. Their movie has a scene in a car, MY movie has a scene in a car. Their movie premiered at Sundance, my movie was mostly filmed in a Pontiac Sundance. It's basically an Antz/Bug's Life situation over here!"

"They had a lady, MY movie has a lady. Their movie has a scene in a car, MY movie has a scene in a car. Their movie premiered at Sundance, my movie was mostly filmed in a Pontiac Sundance. It's basically an Antz/Bug's Life situation over here!"
A Bug's Life cuz I've clearly been bugged over here!

You need to get with that Antz vibe. So hip!

Who wouldn't turn up to A Bad Night in Talbotz?
I dunno if they'd turn up but I know I'm getting turnt up at the idea!

Bad Nightz in Talbotz

2 Bad 2 Nightz

Position out as a sequel and no-one can cry foul.

2 Bad 2 Nightz

Position out as a sequel and no-one can cry foul.
2 B-Nitez or Not 2 B 2 Nitez in 2-Botz

2 B-Nitez or Not 2 B 2 Nitez in 2-Botz
We ride together, we die together, bad 'botz for life.