Law Abiding Citizen - SPOILER

→ in
Tools    

I didn't see anything really written here about it, and I was curious as to what people thought. I only recently watched it on DVD.

*SPOILER*

Revenge thriller, with slight twists.

To be honest, I really liked it up until the end. I have always liked movies where the bad guys end up getting away with it (IE: Primal Fear, Inside Man, ect). The overwhelming majority of movies always have the "good" side come out on top, and it just isn't all that realistic (Didn't quite happen here). Although, we are meant to sympathize with the main character, he is still the villain all the same. Quite a vicious one he is in fact, but very cunning. Which is what makes the movie for me.

As far as the plot, it kept my attention for the most part. Like I said earlier, I didn't really care for the ending and they could have done much more with it. It does however leave a lasting impression on you when a main character dies in a movie, so I guess I can see the appeal. However, I would have done the death sequence a bit different. There are holes in the plot of course, but overall I thought it was good.

Didn't really care for Jaime Foxx in this one, maybe it was more his character than himself, I guess. I really liked Butler in his role though. I think these type of movies suit him much better than the drama's or love stories that he has done in the past. I would also say it is my favorite from Gray.

yea I agree with you on fox I did not like him, I thought I would but I loved the ending, I thought it was a great twist and up until the ending i thought it was all predictable, I thought that the Dark Knight did much better intelli-villain type things, and it was not as predictable but i agree with you the final death scene where he SPOILER is like sitting on the bed burning could have been done much better but overall ok movie the ending honestly made it worth it for me

Revenge is a meal best served cold.
I didn't care for this film. I had was quite disappointed.
The ending is what really did it for me, but It would have been only fair even if they did repair the ending.

I liked this film overall, but if broke down into 3 acts I would have to say the third act fell short.

Lord of all Fevers and Plague
I would have liked the ending better if Gerard Butler's character would have made the bomb explode by force, killing everyone in sight.

My only problem with the ending is this, if this guy is such a super genius why not put either a tumbler or mercury switch on the bomb, which in effect would cause the bomb to detonate if moved.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
The film had potential, I was kept intrigued the whole way through wondering who was helping him and what was going on but the ending was pathetic. I also found it stupid how he just killed anyone even remotely linked to the case. I'd give it 3.5/10, certainly would never watch it again.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought it was a great film and I really enjoyed it.

WARNING: "Law Abiding Citizen" spoilers below
I didnt see Clyde escaping the prison and doing all the killing himself, coming at all I thought that was awesome.

The whole film kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish

Great film.

I for one really enjoyed this film. As for some members disliking Jamie Fox's character, this is what makes this movie so complex for a action thriller. I supposed "good guy" only doing his job, gets caught out for being lazy is his duties to bring justice for Gerard Butler's character. Jame Fox, being a poor husband and neglectful father. Where on the other hand we have a Man who will go to great lengths to avenge his slain wife & child. But the Question is asked. Has he gone to far?

I enjoyed Law Abiding Citizen... even though like others, I didn't particularly care for the ending... I think it played out exactly the way Shelton (Butler) had planned for it to though...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

First half of the movie is truly nice, but later... You feel like "something is wrong". I bet that scenario was changed for more bum and pif paf

This is a very exciting movie but the ending is kinda bad. I also think that they should remake the ending.

This is a very exciting movie but the ending is kinda bad. I also think that they should remake the ending.
Some people might not wanna just buy another DVD to see a half-assed alternate ending which was only quickly made in an attempt to sell some more copies of the film.

I'm assuming it would be half-assed because most directors don't care for that sort of thing anymore.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
yea, I didn't like the way nicholas cage protrayed his character, he was a bit to overbearing and insensetive

Yeah, Nic Cage was so bad in this film it makes me wish he wasn't even in it.

Suspect's Reviews

Just another day for hollywood filmakers. I remember seeing the alternative ending for I am legend, it was barely 30 seconds difference..

Some people might not wanna just buy another DVD to see a half-assed alternate ending which was only quickly made in an attempt to sell some more copies of the film.

I'm assuming it would be half-assed because most directors don't care for that sort of thing anymore.