Tools    

Drumroll!

Which ones will be our Top 2??

2nd PLACE
LE CERCLE ROUGE

(1970, Melville)

Nominated by Siddon
46 points

"Le Cercle Rouge is a taut and lean neo-noir that pays tribute to its predecessors."
--Mychal, Home Theater Forum
"The look of this film is just breath taking. The best movies are films where you feel like you are walking through an art gallery; Quiet moments in 60's apartments, the dawning of new technology, and the pasterial and dirty farm lands of France. Everything looks amazing."
--Siddon
"The camerawork and editing are so elegant that if he had filmed something dull like a tax seminar, I would probably watch it."
--Torgo

1st PLACE
NIGHTCRAWLER

(2014, Gilroy)

Nominated by PHOENIX74
57 points

"Nightcrawler is an ambitious and depraved neo-noir."
--Marisa Mirabal, Slash Film
"[Nightcrawler] was a standout during one of the 21st Century's better years for producing great films - but I wondered how well it would do over time. Turns out it's still as important, and if anything plays better now - a neo-noir master-work that has that special veneer of perfection about it."
--PHOENIX74
"This is a movie about humanity, and it hurts just as much as it thrills because this is real world drama that's not only caught on camera, but is meant to feel like it's put right in front of the audience in real life."
--KeyserCorleone

Congrats to PHOENIX74 for the win, with a well-deserving entry!... and again, thanks to all for participating. It was a blast!

Logistical note: Tie-breakers were decided by the films that were ranked the highest in individual ballots.

Thanks Thief for hosting the Neo Noir HoF....and....Congrats to PHOENIX74!

Hope all of you will be joining the big 33rd HoF once it gets started...We just need to find a host, who's up for that

I forgot the opening line.
WOOO!!! Only my second win, but I'm very satisfied with that. Many thanks to @Thief as host under severe time constraint pressure, and all co-HoFers who as usual nominated great films.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Congrats, PHOENIX. We've found the Neo of Neo-Noir.

But anyway, this is one of the best ones of these I've done. Good picks, everybody.

The trick is not minding
I really though Le Cercle Rouge would have won it. Night Crawler was a great choice as well, though.

Good job Phoenix!

And thanks Thief, for hosting.

I really though Le Cercle Rouge would have won it. Night Crawler was a great choice as well, though.

Good job Phoenix!

Nightcrawler won it fairly easily. Nobody ranked it below #3.

Good job Phoenix!

The rules when it comes to my noms is second or last

1. Le Circle Rouge
  2. Body Heat
  3. Nightcrawler
  4. Sin City
  5. Red Rock West
  6. Tightrope
  7. La Haine
  8. Shallow Grave