Down With Feminism

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@alexkevin Fair enough. Most women expect to be treated this way, and whether this is hypocritical or not to expect this while not doing the same for men is a fair question. It can be easily dismissed with the deeply-rooted tradition argument, but this is just lazy and doesn't cut it. I'd like to hear some opinions from MoFo girls.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
My wife saw the thread title and asked me to send her unwavering approval along.

But seriously, as supporters of freedom, we support equal treatment for all. But man, more than a few times, she has gotten into it with a hard core feminists at various BBQs or events - my wife is not a fan of the whole "destroy the patriarchy" types. Needless to say, my wife is a pretty traditional lass! We live in an extremely liberal area of the US (Greater Boston area) that is home to a larger than normal college-age demographic. We run into a fair amount of outspoken activist types that tend to get pretty aggressive when they figure out my wife is a trad. In other words, they usually start it, and she usually finishes it!

I can honestly say I have never had a car door opened for me by a man. Or a woman in fact.

And if crying about women not opening car doors for men is the extent of the radical persecution of men being crushed underfoot by slavering feminazis, I think you need some perspective.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I can honestly say I have never had a car door opened for me by a man. Or a woman in fact.

And if crying about women not opening car doors for men is the extent of the radical persecution of men being crushed underfoot by slavering feminazis, I think you need some perspective.
I have. And I've held car doors open for men. Great posts Smudge., 👣

The truth is in here
Why does holding the door open for someone have to be so politicized? I open the door for everyone no matter who it is.

And on the other side of the coin, unless that person literally slams the door in your face, who cares? You can open the door yourself. This really shouldn't be a big deal.

all my effort in vain!
I don't think it was a waste at all. I read it all and I've been thinking about what you said for hours. Actually I can't stop thinking about it. I'm sure other people read it too and are thinking. It was the most thorough response so far. I would love to talk more about it with you. I just don't want to turn a thread about feminism into a religious debate. PM me if you want to continue though. I'm game if you are. And, thank you for your thorough response.

Last week I was heading into a small convenience store and I saw a young woman making her way out of the store. She hesitated as I reached the door a couple of meters before her. I opened the door, held it open, and stood aside waiting for her to exit first. She seemed to not expect it, but looked appreciative. I smiled as she passed me, and she smiled back. It made me feel really good and I was internally grateful that she didn't seem resentful or make any rude remark. Once before I had recieved rude condescending sexist remarks from a woman for holding the door open for her. So when this young woman was curteous in response to my attempt to be curteous I felt in that moment like there was hope for the human race.

Like a small Cuban missile crisis averted. :P

I don't think it was a waste at all. I read it all and I've been thinking about what you said for hours. Actually I can't stop thinking about it.
Wow. I didn't expect that.
I just don't want to turn a thread about feminism into a religious debate.
You can always create a new thread, or post in an already existing one, if any.
PM me if you want to continue though.
I'd rather not use PMs. I'd rather do it on the forum, or if you really need to speak in private do it on Facebook, or something.

Why does holding the door open for someone have to be so politicized? I open the door for everyone no matter who it is.

And on the other side of the coin, unless that person literally slams the door in your face, who cares? You can open the door yourself. This really shouldn't be a big deal.
I think it comes down to projection. See someone who snaps at you for trying to do something nice for them really isn't saying anything about you. They are subconsciously projecting their own resentment and bitterness onto you, and we can all do that. We might just be in a bad way for a time, or suffered abuse during our childhood, or have an ideology stuck in our head.

You know, some really interesting things happened to me today. Okay, so I work at a homeless shelter. I'm a social worker. We have a client who had been in a car accident, has scars on his face, and had a brain injury from it. I was at a cafe with a friend and this client was walking by. Now this client is actually barred from services because he did some abusive things that got him kicked out. Anyway, he was on the sidewalk and I was sitting next to the window. He saw me, and recognized me. He started laughing at me and giving me the middle finger. This is a client I've gone out of my way to help many times including bending the rules to give him extra grace and mercy. As he was giving me the finger I waved at him in a friendly manner. He continued giving me the finger. I gave him a thumbs up. I smiled sincerely feeling compassion for him. He kept laughing at me and giving me the finger. After a while of just trying my hardest to be nice and polite I decided to ignore him and continue the conversation with my friend. He gave my friend the finger and he wagged his butt in our faces. I just avoided looking at him and resumed the conversation with my friend maintaining a positive attitude and avoiding even thinking any negative thoughts towards him. I actually felt love, compassion, and concern for his well being, and I did not judge him for what he was doing. It was not easy to do. I was tempted to resent him, but I didn't want to because I don't even blame him. I know he's had so much pain in his life. Then he came into the cafe and said to my friend, "I was testing him, and he is a good man." Wow... I was surprised. I thought he was going to keep being rude and disrespectful. I turned and said to him, "Hi Elias, I hope you're doing alright and God is blessing you." He waved farewell with a smile on his face and left.

The Bible says love overcomes a multitude of sins. I try to live by that, and that experience really made me feel so good.

There is so much more to small acts of kindness like holding a door open for someone than we realize. And that's why I think feminists resenting things like men holding doors open for women are really more than just rudeness.

I'd rather not use PMs. I'd rather do it on the forum, or if you really need to speak in private do it on Facebook, or something.
I don't want to do it in a thread because then other people will respond as if I was talking to them (I know I do that too). Facebook sounds cool. I'm hard to find with a very common name. I hope this link works for finding me.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?s=62...aSwpP-RAc&_rdr

The link doesn't work.
Well my name is Ian Smith. It's hard to find and I guess I don't use Facebook enough to know how to properly link to myself. If you can link me to you then I'll send you a friend request and we can connect that way.

Anyway, try this, I don't know if it will work:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i..._results%22%7D

Anyway, try this, I don't know if it will work:
It worked. Invitation sent, but I'm going to bed right now. I will talk to you later (might not be on Facebook tomorrow, though).

Is it true that feminists don't have a sense of humor, that they are aware of?

@alexkevin Fair enough. Most women expect to be treated this way, and whether this is hypocritical or not to expect this while not doing the same for men is a fair question. It can be easily dismissed with the deeply-rooted tradition argument, but this is just lazy and doesn't cut it. I'd like to hear some opinions from MoFo girls.
Now check out the MoFo girls comment on my opinion, first they talk about men and women are equal then they say have some perspective, okay fine.