Seeing Saw

→ in
Tools    

Seeing Saw will obviously fill you with the suspense and anticipation that you paid to see. It will leave you hanging off the edge of your seat like you most likely assumed. However, if you expect any real answers to questions you may ponder on during the movie, don't expect them. It was a good movie all-in-all with great scenes and wonderfully thought up ideas. However, it would not be a movie that I'd pay twice to see. It not only has you hanging off the edge of your seat(good,) but leaves you dangling there while the credits start rolling(bad.) In many movies and stories, that's a great aspect of a movie. But not in this one.

It is right to be compared to Seven, as most people did. However, I believe Seven tops this one beyoind belief. Also, I compared it to the movie "Phone Booth" in the way that it is based on killings that occur in the hopes of teaching people lessons.

I'd recommend a first-screening of this film, but if you are intending on going, don't get frustrated at the lack of good acting at the begining. It soon picks up a bit. That's all I can really say without giving anything away that wasn't already said or done in the trailors.

A system of cells interlinked
o, why is "leaving you hanging at the credits" bad? How about directors like Stanley Kubrick, Terry Gilliam, and David Lynch, who do that in many films? I actually prefer ambiguous endings to "neat and tidy" endings any day. However, I have to concur with you on the point about Se7en being the superior work, on pretty much every level. D. Glover is no Morgan Freeman, that is for sure. Also, how did you feel about the acting put forth by the chap who played Adam? I thought he ate it, big time.

Also, When starting threads, please use the search function to make sure there aren't any threads already started on the topic. This film already has multiple threads dedicated to it.. It would also belong in the Movie Reviews section, as opposed to this one....Yoda likes to keep single movie discussion threads in that section. This section is for more general film ideas...

Anyway, good post and welcome to MoFo

Down with BUSH!!!

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
[quote=Sedai]o, whay is "leaving you hanging at the credits" bad? How about directors like Stanley Kubrick, Terry Gilliam, and David Lynch, who do that in many films? I actually prefer ambiguous endings to "neat and tidy" endings any day. However, I have to concur with you on the point about Se7en being the superior work, on pretty much every level. D. Glover is no Morgan Freeman, that is for sure. Also, how did you feel about the acting put forth by the chap who played Adam? I thought he ate it, big time.

Also, When starting threads, please use the search function to make sure there aren't any threads already started on the topic. This film already has multiple threads dedicated to it.. It would also belong in the Movie Reviews section, as opposed to this one....Yoda likes to keep single movie discussion threads in that section. This section is for more general film ideas...

I couldn't of said it better for myself! You stole the words right out of my mouth!!

Well, like I said, "In many movies and stories, that's a great aspect. But not this one." I just didn't think it fit right in this particular movie.

As for the acting put forth by almost anyone in the movie, I have to give it two thumbs down. Towards the end, it started to pick up a little bit and start looking more like it was being done by people who actually had acting classes. But in the begining, I just looked at Jeremy and thought "oh boy."

And this is my BOOMstick!
No. Just because of your avatar.

And exactly which question are you saying "no" to?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Not "no". Nee! I'm a knight who says "Nee!" "Nee!"

Mighty Python

Danny Glover is obviously too old for this sh**.

Heh.

Danny Glover is probably the best they could get cuz of their low budget, but I loved the film even though i was unsure when i walked in, i knew how i felt about the movie coming out. Great Movie, pity these good movies only come around every so often.

to tell you the truth this is prolly the best thriller type i have seen in a very long time and i didnt see twist coming at all i mean i heard about then i watched it and i totally didnt expect it, so yeah i loved it.

A movie that deserves to be known about and to be saw (not pun intended) by a large audience

The Green Lantern
I just got back from seeing it. Damn!!
I think it was better than 'Se7en'. The ending--shocking. That dude is one sick S.O.B.
Not for the weak heart.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

My brother and sister said it was too gory, but I think that it wasn't that bad, it had time intervals between the violence so I don't think it bothered me as much.

I was really dissapointed by the amount of gore in the film, im a gore fan, also the actin was absoloutely awful, ive seen a kids production produce better acting, but the story was good, then ending was excellent, but again let down by the terrible acting by a few main characters
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

I think that you should go to a film, and all you see is a bucket of dripping blood, and you would be happy