Movie Tab

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Lethal Weapon (d. Richard Donner, 1987)- Just as great as the first time I watched it.
Shiqi sui de dan che (Beijing Bicycle) (d. Xiaoshuai Wang, 2001)- I loved this movie. Great story.
The Gods Must Be Crazy (d. Jamie Uys, 1980)- At times really stupid. My favorite part was with the car with no brakes.
Buffalo '66 (d. Vincent Gallo, 1998)- Minus the large amounts of foul language, it wasn't that bad.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Taxi -- Great opening sequence, cars are going and a bike messenger is tearing up the city, riding off the sides of buses, then the bike messenger takes of their helmet and its......Queen Latifah?!?! WTF happened there? Really funny movie and all but i was stunned at the fact that we were supposed to believe that was her on that bike.

See the original French flick, which is loads of fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by scissorhands85
Before Night Falls - a slow movie but fascinating. Shows a side of Cuba I had never heard of or imagined. The scenes with Johnny Depp were halarious.
Do you speak Spanish? I don't and I found this movie really needed subtitles. I even had to use captioning to understand some of the english. Other than that the movie was only Ok in my opinion. But the concept was a good one.

Das Boot (d. Wolfgang Petersen, 1981) 9 out of 10

Do you speak Spanish? I don't and I found this movie really needed subtitles. I even had to use captioning to understand some of the english. Other than that the movie was only Ok in my opinion. But the concept was a good one.
Gummo, I don't speak spanish fluently but I am pretty darn close to it. Even so, there was a time or two with me as well that I had trouble understanding what was being said, but I just hit the backtrack button and listened again and everything was gravy from there.

no offence scissorhands85 but everytime i read your posts i feel like going to sleep.

Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter Jr. (d. Errol Morris, 1999) 7.5 out of 10

Benny & Joon (d. Jeremiah S. Chechik, 1993)
Avanti! (d. Billy Wilder, 1972)
The 400 Blows (d. François Truffaut, 1959)
Artificial Intelligence: AI (d. Steven Spielberg, 2001)
The Maltese Falcon (d. John Huston, 1941)
My Cousin Vinny (d. Jonathan Lynn, 1992)
The City of Lost Children (d. Marc Caro & Jean-Pierre Jeunet, 1995)

National Treasure - some of you already posted your loathing for this movie but I enjoyed it

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
See, I go away for a couple of years and look at you. I remember when this thread was but a wee lad.

Watched Resident Evil: Apocolypse, Se7en, Scary Movie 3

There are others, but my mind is drawing a blank.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Do you know my poetry?
Day of Wrath (d. Carl Theodor Dreyer - 1943)
Grade: A

Billitt (d. Peter Yates - 1968)
Grade: B

Slacker (d. Richard Linklater - 1991)
Grade: B+

Ezikiel, how many movies do you watch a day?, are you like allergic to sunlight or something and have to stay indoors?

Originally Posted by Charismasloverno5
Ezikiel, how many movies do you watch a day?, are you like allergic to sunlight or something and have to stay indoors?
I don't know how many movies he watches, but i watch at least 2 or 3 a day.

how much time do people in the states have?

A system of cells interlinked
A Clockwork Orange (1971, Kubrick)
Star Wars (1977, Lucas)

25th Hour (d. Spike Lee, 2002) 10 out of 10
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (d. Mike Hodges, 2003) 5.5 out of 10

Life Is Beautiful - One of my favorite movies. A true story. Robert B. is the definition of physical comedy and to be able to direct and star is an achievement in its self.

Don't give me no flack about Chaplin being the king of physical comedy, he was good too.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Gosford Park (d. Robert Altman, 2001)
Dudley Do-Right (d. Hugh Wilson, 1999)
(d. Federico Fellini, 1963)

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I've seen only a few OK reviews for it, and I agreed with them. It was dumb, but the History was interesting. Just don't go expecting the plot to make any good sense. Even my dad who was psyched as hell to see it was giggling at some really big plot holes.
I'll keep that in mind...I'm seeing it after work tomorrow night.