The Dexter Riley Top 25 Television Themes (Favourites)

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
This list is comprised of opening theme songs of Television shows. The ranking is on the theme itself, not necessarily the quality of the actual show that followed it.

Some of them will be instrumental, a few were original compositions, that were either specifically written for that show, or came to fame attached to the show. I mention this because I friggen love the Who, but hate that they sold their soul to CSI. So yeah none of those make my list.

Also i freely admit that nostalgia for my youth will display a bias for that era. In some cases,

25 The Fall Guy(1981-1986)- "Unknown Stuntman" performed by the Six Million Dollar man himself

Also i freely admit that nostalgia for my youth will display a bias for that era. In some cases, that the actual theme song may be no hell on its own, but coupled with the accompanyed visuals, its worthy of a place on this countdown.

Like here for instance.

24- Wonder Woman- (1975-1979) Performed by New World Symphony

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You better make Twin Peaks number one.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
You better make Twin Peaks number one.
not only is it not number 1, it doesnt make my list at all.

23 Simon & Simon (1981-1988)

Like a few on this list, this show about a pair of yin and yan personality siblings that open a private eye firm changed their theme song from the pilot/first year to the end of its run. And while the 2nd one is the one i most closely identify with the show, I'm ok with the Jimmy Buffety vibe of the first.

Great thread, Dex.

Considering these first entries, I'm fully expecting The Dukes Of Hazzard to be high up on the list. I won't post it now, so as not to spoil it.

I wasn't even aware of Simon & Simon but, from the titles, I can instantly imagine exactly how almost every episode went. I don't mean that in a bad way.

Im thinking Miami Vice is in the top 3 or 5. Hell the theme was better than the show alot of times.

Great thread Dex

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Buffy and Fresh Prince of Bel air better make top 5!!!!

Suspect's Reviews