Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

Great news! Can't wait to see this!

Quentin Tarantino is following up his Oscar-winning Western “Django Unchained” with another Western he wrote called “The Hateful Eight,” according to multiple media reports.

While there are rumors that Tarantino wrote a part for Christoph Waltz, an Austrian actor who won Oscars for his roles in “Django” and Tarantino’s World War II revenge drama “Inglourious Basterds,” outlets have said the casting process hasn’t begun yet, and that there is no studio attached to finance or distribute it.

The filmmaker’s reps have yet to respond to TheWrap‘s request for comment.

Tarantino previously announced the project during an appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” last November, but was mum on details.

“I haven’t told anyone this publicly, but I will say the genre: It’s a western,” Tarantino told Leno. “I had so much fun doing ‘Django,’ and I love westerns so much that after I taught myself how to make one, it’s like ‘OK! Let me make another one now that I know what I’m doing.’”

Reports say Tarantino has only recently started showing people the finished screenplay for “The Hateful Eight,” a title that evokes John Sturges’ classic Western “The Magnificent Seven,” so there is no production timeline at the moment.

The post Quentin Tarantino’s Next Film Titled ‘The Hateful Eight’ appeared first on TheWrap.

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/quen...000920739.html
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

It's like the best thing ever. My favorite alive director (he would be #1 of all time if it wasn't of Hitchcock) Doing my favorite genre so it can't go wrong.

If Waltz is on the project it'll be even more awesome Django and Inglourious are both on my top 10 favorite films ever so they do gold together !!!

Not another Christoph Waltz thing... PLEASE get someone else. Christoph Waltz in a small role is okay, but NOT a major role again.

I love the title of the movie, though.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Not another Christoph Waltz thing... PLEASE get someone else. Christoph Waltz in a small role is okay, but NOT a major role again.

I love the title of the movie, though.
Honestly, Waltz is one of the things that made Django as great of a movie as it was, him, along with Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, and to a certain degree, Samuel L. Jackson.

God, I didn't care for Waltz at all, really. Was happy when he got killed off.

He was without a doubt the best thing in the film imo.

Both of his performance (Hans Landa, Dr King Schultz) are among my favorite ever. His sarcasm, his manners, etc. He's fantastic !

Really?

I believe Waltz is the best thing Tarantino has introduced the world to since Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction, and I'll be thrilled if he has another sizable role in this upcoming, and already highly anticipated, movie.

God, I didn't care for Waltz at all, really. Was happy when he got killed off.
This is the mind of Sexy Celebrity. Oh, how I detest it.

Expanding on that, I absolutely enjoyed Waltz in Django Unchained. He brought some much needed humanity to a movie riddled with despicable (yet awesome) characters. His character was so lovable.

I can't wait for Tarantino's next movie, he's really proved to be one of my favourite directors.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I'm beginning to like the fact that he's making another western.

It will be extremely difficult to top Django Unchained, as it is still my favorite film of this decade so far (even though it's getting a lot of competition recently), but I'm excited to see what else Tarantino has to say about the western genre. I'm expecting something unbelievably cool and entertaining.

I really, really don't understand why people are so crazy about Waltz's performance. I think he's talented and I absolutely believe he deserved his Oscar for Inglourious Basterds, but I felt he was merely very good in Django Unchained. I was much more impressed with the performances of DiCaprio and Jackson (hell even Don Johnson) than I was with his.

I believe Waltz is the best thing Tarantino has introduced the world to since Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction, and I'll be thrilled if he has another sizable role in this upcoming, and already highly anticipated, movie.
I can't stand him. He's ugly and irritating.

I really, really don't understand why people are so crazy about Waltz's performance. I think he's talented and I absolutely believe he deserved his Oscar for Inglourious Basterds, but I felt he were merely very good in Django Unchained. I was much more impressed with the performances of DiCaprio and Jackson (hell even Don Johnson) than I was with his.
I like Waltz and I think his delivery perfectly fits Tarantino's dark humor and witty dialogue, BUT I do believe you're right about DiCaprio and Jackson in Django Unchained, though. They stole every freaking scene they were in, while Waltz was very good, but not exactly mind blowing, in my opinion. I still can't believe DiCaprio didn't get AT LEAST an oscar nomination for his performance. He was just wild! He was exactly what I want a Tarantino villain to be.

I really, really don't understand why people are so crazy about Waltz's performance. I think he's talented and I absolutely believe he deserved his Oscar for Inglourious Basterds, but I felt he were merely very good in Django Unchained. I was much more impressed with the performances of DiCaprio and Jackson (hell even Don Johnson) than I was with his.
Waltz has a style of acting that I personally don't see in any other actor. His mannerisms and the way he talks are gripping as much as they are funny.

On the other hand, I agree with you that DiCaprio was robbed of a nomination and a win for his performance in Django Unchained. It's easily one of the best, performances, if not the best performance, of his career.

It just seems that the chemistry between Tarantino and Waltz and the momentum they have together are unstoppable at the moment.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I didn't love Django Unchained as much as Tarantino's other films (but I liked it WAY more than Death Proof) But it had it's good points (DiCaprio definitely being one of them). I'll honestly watch anything Tarantino makes, however. So should this movie actually come out (he has a track record of announcing films that never come to anything...The Vega Brothers, Kill Bill Vol. 3...), I'll see it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Well, yeah. It wasn't totally mind blowing, especially with DiCaprio being DiCaprio, but I just loved his role and addition to the movie.

He's a mentor, friend, saviour. He proves that even the best of us can break under the disgusting conditions of that time.

I'll also be interested to see which celebrity big shot(s) are going to star in this film. He managed to use both Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio in VERY original and entertaining ways, so I'm hoping he's trying another stunt like that.

Which big star do you think should star in this Tarantino picture?

Which big star do you think should star in this Tarantino picture?
Right now, I'm on the Will Smith/Tarantino train. I think there would be some instant chemistry there. Will is such an expressive actor, I can only imagine what Tarantino could do with that. Fingers crossed that their paths cross!

You guys might laugh at me, but here goes...

I'm hoping Tarantino casts Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger in secondary roles. There were rumors before Inglourious Basterds was cast that it was going to star both of the legendary action stars. Arnold would have made more sense since he speaks German. Since that rumor came out and of course was later proven to be nothing more, I kept hoping that such a collaboration would happen.

I believe Tarantino would love to work with Stallone. He mentioned him in past interviews as one of his inspirations for writing and starring in Rocky, and he even tried casting him as Butch Coolidge in Pulp Fiction (the part went to Bruce Willis), Louis in Jackie Brown (the part went to Robert Deniro), and Stuntman Mike in Death Proof (the part went to Kurt Russell), but on all 3 occasions, there were scheduling conflicts.

I would also love to see Will Smith in a lead role. I still can't believe how Smith turned down Django, which is something he needed at this point in his career when his films are not performing well.