RIP Don Rickles

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Don Rickles, Legendary Insult Comic, Dies at 90

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/don-...202025068/amp/

Abrasive comic Don Rickles, the honorary Rat Pack member and celebrity roast guest whose career spanned six decades, has died. He was 90. Rickles died Thursday morning at his home in Los Angeles from kidney failure, his longtime publicist Paul Shefrin confirmed. He would have turned 91 on May 8.

I don't remember the first time I ever saw Don Rickles, but I do remember that I never saw this man on any variety show or talk show where he didn't make me laugh. Yes, his laughs often came at the expense of others, but people understood that and loved him anyway. People used to request front row seating at his engagements in hopes that they would get insulted by him. He was the king of insult comedy and not a bad actor either...CPO Sharkey was a very funny sitcom and he was terrific in a 1960 film called The Rat Race. A true show biz original. RIP

The most loathsome of all goblins
He appeared in dozens of TV show during the sixties, love him as the burglar in the Halloween episode of The Addams Family. He will be missed

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Godspeed from all the hockey pucks left here.

Bianca Del Rio has some big shoes to fill.

Only knew him from Toy Story but will nonetheless be missed by many. RIP

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

One of the greatest stand up acts ever, and one of my favorites. He was working still last I checked. If you want to know more about Don Rickles there is an excellent documentary about him called Mr Warmth. Directed by Jon Landis.

The world lost a lot of laughter. RIP Don.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I watch old The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson episodes all the time and Don is on there a lot. Here are some of his public appearances from the 2010s.

R.I.P.