Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou Saturday Oct 28th

Tools    

Yknow, I like Tyson Fury, but if you saw the weigh-in he's gotten fat again. Like Buster Douglas level fat. With Mike Tyson coaching a hungry Naga, I'm predicting a massive upset, and think Francis will win.

Any thoughts?

Posting this on a movie forum is chancy, but if it gets to page 2 I'll be happy

I'm more of an MMA fan and far less familiar with boxing, but it seems like kind of a throwaway money fight for Fury.

Ngannou was known for wild looping technique even in MMA. He KOed people when he landed, but if you look at his last fight against Gane, you could see how slow and outclassed he can look on the feet against someone who's good at sticking & moving. The last fight Ngannou looked great in was against Stipe, but that was already a few years ago, he's in his mid-30s, and he's been so inactive. Doesn't look good on paper.

It'd be cool if the one punch thing happened though.

I missed it, but saw that Ngannou apparently overperformed like crazy and arguably won. Wow. Combat sports are so hard to predict. Hope this doesn't mean that Ngannou is gonna box full time now, but good for him.

So I watched the fight...Francis got robbed basically every round he decisively won he got and every 50/50 round went to Fury. Fury didn't win a clear round all fight so the odds had flipped during the fight.

Im just amazed anybody could like Tyson Fury, a bloated whale now a thick lump of lard, he's incredibly unlikable and so is his ****ing dad. More blessed and unblessed by genetics than talent. He's just "ugh" corny too and without a shred of modesty. I wish Iron Mike was still at it and just pummeled that ****er to death