Sherlock Holmes

Tools    

A comedy of Guy Ritchie would be sort of like a remake to The Pink Panther or Get Smart, am I right?

However if Guy Ritchie is directing and the film is starring Will Ferrell and Danny McBride, count me in.

You know what else I want to see from a Guy Ritchie Holmes movie? I want to see the darker and edgier Sherlock. I want the setting to be a veritable Victorian soot age. I want to see the dark side of the Great Detective's cocaine habit. Yes- I want to see Watson quietly sobbing in the corner of their sitting room as his partner shoots up again. As long as Downey doesn't try to do it all "Method," of course. That would be very bad. I do however want to see Jude Law gain at least fifty pounds for this role. And I do not want to see a female "love interest." This would detract significantly from the inevitable and far more interesting sexual tension between Holmes and Watson. Furthermore, I demand that certain key scenes be refilmed with Ian Mckellen as Professor Moriarty.

Oh, and lose the ****ing Rathbone hat.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Robert Downey Jr. almost got a serious injury during the filming of "Sherlock Holmes". According to the report by The Sun, the star of "Iron Man" who is playing legendary detective Holmes has been knocked unconscious when shooting a fight scene with co-star Robert Maillet at Chatham dockyard in Kent.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
IMDB.com has posted new photos from this movie. Can I just say how smeggin excited I am about this movie. I'm excited about 4 things this year. My wedding, my honeymoon, my new iPhone and this movie.

I will not specify an order. But lets just say that if after getting married my new husband and I got on the plane to head away on our honeymoon, and while playing Monkeyball on my new iPhone my new husband leans across to me and say "hey Sherlock Holmes is the in flight movie".. well that would be one hell of a perfect day.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The trailer for Sherlock Holmes is out and it looks good from what is seen. Looks like another solid performance from RDJ.

The trailer is in WMA format, other formats can be found here.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
OMG that trailer is amazing. Its now already my new favourite movie.

Christmas Day... oh thats going to be painful.

The trailer looks amazing. I might want to hold my breath, but I don't think I can:

Robert Downey Jr. in Sherlock Holmes for Best Actor!

I haven't seen the trailer yet (I've heard it's horrible), but Ritchie directing a Sherlock flick seems like a really bad idea. Downey Jr. also isn't someone I'm excited to see play the role, though I like him in general. I have always wanted Jeremy Irons to play Holmes. I imagine Ritchie's version will be loud and stupid.

Trailer looks fun, movie looks good, but it doesn't look like a Sherlock Holmes movie, to me. I wish this were called anything else.
I agree Yoda. Why name it something it doesn't resemble at all ? I didn't realize Sherlock Homes was the James Bond of the 1800s.

It wouldn't be a Guy Richie movie without a topless slow-motion fight scene.

I am burdened with glorious purpose

About it not really being a Holmes story, from what I've read about Holmes, it seems the film/trailer is hitting on some accurate details:

Holmes does carry a pistol and Watson was shot at one time
Holmes did prize fight
Holmes was a cocaine user
Holmes used martial arts and killed a man
Holmes used disguises (not sure about this one, but I'm sure it will be there)
Holmes was a ladies man
Holmes didn't believe in personal hygiene and Watson was a neat freak

Ritchie has also said that the Doyle stories have action and the films haven't really explored that. Also, the deerstalker isn't actually in the books, that was from some illustrations of Holmes by artists. So when Downey shows up in a fedora, that's also a bit accurate.

So it seems to me the movie might be right on.

i dont Agree with Tramp Sherlock does look good but i think it is one of those good movies that dont get very Popular