Best Songs for Getting Your Aggression Out

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Idunno about anyone else, but if I'm angry I like to listen to angry music. And sometimes if I just want to get pumped I do the same. Call me a teenage male, but I like it.

First contender in the ring, Primer 55 - The Big F*ck You

It's got the necessary musical intensity and the anger filled lyrics to back it up:

little bitch boys thinking nothing is going to happen
hear you talking **** but i can't stop laughing
a little psycho ego trippin'
on your chin where you got caught slippin'
two faces on the same head, rippin' one off to make the other see red
i feel hate, just gotta destroy, one little, two little, three little bitch boys

here i come, here i come, out of the blue, little bitch boy with the big **** you
here i come , out of the blue, talk enough ****, gonna see what the **** i do

bitch boys gonna stir up some ****, bitch turn around , turn around get your wig split
pull the hammer back as i pop the ****in' clip in
just like double oh seven on a mission
insane, ****** i think i'm loco, just another voice in my head
that i don't know
i still hate, i still gotta destroy, every last one of those mutha****in' bitch boys

here i come, here i come, out of the blue, little bitch boy with the big **** you
here i come , out of the blue, talk enough ****, gonna see what the **** i do

antoher track from the dark side, dark side of my psyche
if you think i won't, mutha****er just try me
steppin' on up , step, step, to the front line
you got yours, mutha****er, i will get mine.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
The whole Natural Born Killers Soundtrack is great for driving while you're pissed. I especially like ***** List by L7.
I've always liked Sabatoge by the Beasty Boys

Randomly visiting for now
These are definately my angry music / possibly pump up music too.

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Wake up - Rage against the machine
Faint + One step closer - Linkin Park
Nice to Know you - Incubus

The energy in these songs just flows into me and makes me a bit crazy, there are others but these are my favs

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Interesting. Nirvana was the band I obsessed over as a teenager. I used to crank "Stay Away" when I was angry, and crank "Smells Like Teen Spirit" when I was happy.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by gummo
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" when I was happy.
It's sort of the same for me, except getting rid of all that energy/anger makes me happy rather than playing it when I was happy, if that makes sense.......yeah I think it does.

Slipknot - Whole first album, and Heretic Anthem

jet pilot-soad
the reflecting god- Marlyin Manson
closer-nin (very slow but very very angry song)
fuer frei- rammstein
i was wrong- social distortion
splinters- sparta
this apparatus must be unearthed- mars volta
smack my bitch up- prodigy
ride with us- turbonegro

i dunno if their songs will get you pumped but murder by death owns.

I am having a nervous breakdance
"The Great Southern Trendkill" - Pantera

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A system of cells interlinked
Opeth - Deliverence
Alice in Chins - Junkhead
NIN - Eraser

Mudvayne - Digg

When my neighbors would tell my roommate and I to shutup, by means of banging on the wall, we would turn his speakers toward their room and blare that song.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The remix for Dig off the Resident Evil OST is actually pretty good, I prefer it over the original. Though the original is still very badass.

Ultraspank - Push
Sevendust - Waffle

Originally Posted by Sedai
Alice in Chins - Junkhead
Alice in Chins used to be one of my favourite bands... My friend had this excellent live bootleg with them with a fantastic version of "Junkhead" on it. It was so much rawer, harder, heavier and slower than the studio version. The bass sound was like thunder, the drummer pounded the **** out of the skins, Jerry's solo was fantastic and Layne freaking screamed his lungs out. It's one of the best live rock moments ever caught on tape, imo - and it's a bootleg! There's a monster version of "Would" as well. Can't remember the name of the CD now....

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Kate by Ben Folds Five. You have to sing it loud, but the lyrics are happy. It's the cure.
Oh. It's good to know there are people out there that try to fix their anger problem rather than indulge it. The music in this thread is all about embracing the anger.

Like my angry-girl music:
Fiona Apple
I like to spin a couple of her albums when I'm pissed and confused.

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
Oh. It's good to know there are people out there that try to fix their anger problem rather than indulge it. The music in this thread is all about embracing the anger.
Actually, when I am really angry or depressed I don't listen to music at all. Music feels like a far too banal thing to engage in when feeling like crap (I know it sounds silly but that's how I feel). But when I feel adrenaline pumping in my veins, that's when I listen to stuff like Pantera and such. I guess you can say an adrenaline rush is a positive kind of aggression. Also aggressive music is a positive way to let out negative aggression that you've built up inside of you.

I once made the mistake to listen to "Down Colorful Hill" with Red House Painters when I was feeling next to suicidal. For some reason I thought that I would feel better listening to something that I could identify with. But when I heard the line:

"Dressed for success. Always die in time."

it freaked me out. I think it's because it put words to how I really felt and that scared me. So I tried to listen to really cheerful poppy music instead but that felt so stupid and I realized that I couldn't fool myself. Thus: Crappy mood = no music.

On the other hand, when you feel a little melancholic, a little Smiths can't go wrong.

[/rant]

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
On the other hand, when you feel a little melancholic, a little Smiths can't go wrong.

[/rant]
Oh.
So, true.

I actually forgot the title specified "aggression" instead of straight anger.