Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Truly Madly Deeply (1990)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Total Recall (1990)

FREA-KING AWE-SOME!!!!!!

I'm serious. This movie is truly fantastic. Crazy and breathtaking Sci-Fi locations and quirks, horror-like visual moments that are still made in the old-fashioned way, Arnie being badass, Sharon Stone being hot and mean, a female dwarf who's also a hooker shooting badguys down, a triple-breasted woman and a very engaging story on different levels full of clever twists and ambiguities.

Entertaining cinema done the right way!

+

Such a boring film. Couldn't even finish.

you might have missed some good horror gore parts... like double barrel shotgun to the head.... looked like a tomatoe being blown to pieces....

it was silly but still had some gore parts to it... reminded me of movies like "Dead End", "Wrong Turn" and such... but nothing like "TCM".. nothing will beat that classic...

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Sergio Leone, 1966)

This movie is way, WAY too long, the soundtrack is annoying as hell, and the acting is atrocious. It took me two attempts, an energy drink, and a couple of breaks (to preserve my sanity) in order to get through this hulking mess of a Western.

I have a few other Sergio Leone Westerns on my 1960s watchlist, but after this torture session I think I might just cross them off and say “F*ck that.”

-

I've actually been considering watching that this week, Miss Vicky.

Awtch.

I think it's one of the best pictures ever made, personally.

But yeah, I do have a couple of friends who also think it's too long. I guess you have to be into the specific kind of atmosphere the film tries to transfer. If it's not your thing, you will be bored.

Once Upon a Time in the West is a little different in tone, though, Miss Vicky, so if you ever want to give Leone another try, you should watch that one!

You wanna try a nightmare movie? Try Jarhead 2: Field of Fire. Which I tried to watch last night.

Ugh! I can't believe I actually bought it. It was a good price, had a slipcover, came with a blu-ray and DVD and it had the "Jarhead" logo on it. Completely seductive. But except for a very short shower scene with two naked guys, it had nothing going on for it. Boring as Hell. And nothing like the first Jarhead movie. Some cheesy, quick attempts to make it feel like a "Jarhead" film at first, like the shower scene with the two naked guys, but after that, it was just a bad movie I was having to endure. People have been saying it's actually a good movie -- STFU. Stop trying to make yourselves feel better for watching it/paying for it. It is not a good movie. I'm gonna try to actually finish it, but... DAMN.

And there were too many women in it. If you notice, the first Jarhead movie was all men. There were women in very small roles (girlfriends of the marines seen in flashbacks, stewardesses on planes, reporters in the desert) but there were no major female characters at all. This Jarhead movie, though, brings in the women. Too many of them for my Jarhead tastes. The story revolves around the marines trying to help an Afghanistan/Taliban woman escape her country because she was rebellious and they want to kill her. Strike one. Then there's a female marine this time, really obnoxious. I think she was even a lesbian. Strike two. Jarhead was about men. It was about bored men masturbating their days away while they were at war in the desert. The sequel is too Republican. And it was very irritating how every two seconds, they flashed on the screen how many hours they had been in the desert, or something like that. As if it really mattered.

will probably do a full review later.
Fire walk with me.

Brimming with rififi!

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Sergio Leone, 1966)

This movie is way, WAY too long, the soundtrack is annoying as hell, and the acting is atrocious. It took me two attempts, an energy drink, and a couple of breaks (to preserve my sanity) in order to get through this hulking mess of a Western.

I have a few other Sergio Leone Westerns on my 1960s watchlist, but after this torture session I think I might just cross them off and say “F*ck that.”

-
That's the first time I've ever seen that kind of reaction toward The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Even though it's one of my favorite films of all time, I have to say it's refreshing to read an opinion like this every once and a while.

Jesus MV . I'm only guessing here, but i think you might not be a fan of Spaghetthi Westerns? You should at least give the one i suggested to you; a chance at a later time .

Jesus MV . I'm only guessing here, but i think you might not be a fan of Spaghetthi Westerns? You should at least give the one i suggested to you; a chance at a later time .
I don't know if I've even seen any others in full, just bits and pieces when my dad has watched them. All the Spaghetti Westerns I can think of off hand star Clint Eastwood and he's someone I tend to avoid (A Perfect World and Dirty Harry not withstanding).

I could've predicted that reaction Miss Vicky. Now watch The Virgin Spring.
I might watch it tomorrow. TGTBATU sucked out any desire I had for movie watching today.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I might watch it tomorrow. TGTBATU sucked out any desire I had for movie watching today.

I'm just the opposite. When I watch a movie that I don't like, I usually like to immediately watch a movie that I know that I'll like, sometimes even a movie that's a favorite that I've seen many times. It's like getting right back up on the horse after falling off.

I'm just the opposite. When I watch a movie that I don't like, I usually like to immediately watch a movie that I know that I'll like, sometimes even a movie that's a favorite that I've seen many times. It's like getting right back up on the horse after falling off.
I do that sometimes, too, but I just didn't feel up to it and none of my familiar faves were calling to me.

I actually found The Virgin Spring on youtube and nearly started it this evening but decided it wasn't a good idea just then.