Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

You should rent north by Northwest definitely the most entertaining '' old film '' I've sen

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
To go along with the book I received for Christmas (David Bordwell's Figures Traced in Light: On Cinematic Staging) I'm going to watch Louis Feuillade's serials, starting with Fantomas I: In the Shadow of the Guillotine

Finished here. It's been fun.

Antichrist. I'm looking for a calm,easy to understand movie to just relax to. You know just an easy watch, this looks like a good choice.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yeah, the mutilations are mundane and the camerawork is embarrassing. Have another good nap.

Yeah, the mutilations are mundane and the camerawork is embarrassing. Have another good nap.
And this is the guy I voted for as Master of Movies!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Going to tackle a couple heavy hitters today-

I saw Blade Runner as a young teen in the 80's, but don't remember it very well. I only remember that I was bored and didn't like it. However, my tastes have changed quite a bit, although I'm still not a big fan of Sci-Fi.

Despite my age, my love for Kubrick, and the fact I've had this DVD for years, I have never seen this classic. I think I've put it off, because as stated previously, I'm not into Sci-Fi. I'm not really expecting to like this because I'm someone who likes a story and characters. Still, I know this is a movie that any movie lover needs to give a fair shot.

Gonna watch another old movie after I get all my schoolwork done for the day. To Kill A Mockingbird. Hope it is as good as 12 Angry Men.

Cricket, I hope you enjoy them. However, more than that, I hope you can keep yourself awake long enough to finish them, as you've, what might seem like, eons of boredom ahead of you.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Gonna watch another old movie after I get all my schoolwork done for the day. To Kill A Mockingbird. Hope it is as good as 12 Angry Men.
Better, I think, although, I didn't particularly love 12 Angry Men. It was entertaining, but I don't share the sentiment of it being a masterpiece like some others do, to each their own, however.

Challenge for the Month of January
I don't usually have time to watch more than three movies a week, tops, however, this month has been a little different because I haven't had school or anything holding me back. January is going to be a tougher time, and I also would like to start watching Arrow, Hannibal, or The Following. Then, there's of course, Assassin's Creed 2, which I really need to get around to playing. I am also still working on the Sherlock Holmes collection which is around four-thousand pages. Lastly, I also watch a handful of movies with my friends, but when it comes down to me, I want to make sure that I am watching some movies that I actually think will be good. I want to watch all of these movies this month, along with whatever else I find:

Y Tu Mamá También (2001)

Nobody Knows (2004)

Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005)

Mad Detective (2007)

Fish Tank (2009)

The Other Woman (2009)

The Killer Inside Me (2010)

The Angels' Share (2012)

Sightseers (2012)

Ain't Them Bodies Saints (2013)

I'd concentrate on the films. Hannibal is ok, the first and last episode are particularly good. Had it all been like that I'd have been impressed, while The Following is just... Well, it's not good. I gave it 10 episodes and then gave up. However, having watched those episodes, I'd have been interested to see Kevin Williamson's version of Scream 3. I still might not have liked it, but I think it'd work better as a 90 minute film. I've not seen Arrow because it didn't appeal to me, so you might have something there.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'd concentrate on the films. Hannibal is ok, the first and last episode are particularly good. Had it all been like that I'd have been impressed, while The Following is just... Well, it's not good. I gave it 10 episodes and then gave up. However, having watched those episodes, I'd have been interested to see Kevin Williamson's version of Scream 3. I still might not have liked it, but I think it'd work better as a 90 minute film. I've not seen Arrow because it didn't appeal to me, so you might have something there.
Maybe. I want to give them a try nonetheless, I watched Bates' Motel and I didn't like it very much, but I am still glad that I gave it a chance.

A system of cells interlinked
Modern Romance (Brooks, 1981)