What Ticks You Off?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Godsend
No, when I said not to talk about technology, I was referring to OUR conversation, which was part of human morals disregarding the use of technology which has bettered our lives, but not bettered us as people.
You're still talking about the evolution of morality over time. It's essentially the same subject. If life being better through technology (medicine, transportation) does not better us as people, then life being worse through technology (explosives, date rape drugs) does not make us worse as people, either.

Well, lets see. That sentence, to some extent, doesn't make any sense. L Other then that, it shouts out "what's changed over the years?" I explained whats changed over the years.
It makes perfect sense. Look at it again:

I don't see any evidence to suggest that todays rape and murders would've just been rapes a thousand years ago.

A moment ago I thought about explaining this sentence in simpler terms, but I realize I can't; it's already about as simple as it can be. I have no idea how this sentence could possibly confuse you.

I was held up in your little rape/murder stuff, I forgot to add:

I don't get it, from our conversation, why the hell are you placing technology in human morals? Is there something missing that I don't see...that a DNA test resides on human morals? That an airplane mingles with our human morals?

Wouldn't that be an oxymoron...to some extent?
Ugh, nevermind. I've already explained myself, but apparently you have as much trouble understanding coherent sentences as you do forming them. So ignore the technology issue if you like. You're still left to respond to the other ways in which we've improved, which have now been mentioned to you several times. Enough stalling; answer the questions, or quit arguing.

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
you go on griping about who's right, and who's not being clear, and who's getting rep for their comments, but honestly you've lost track of the original argument. So, for the sake of simplicity, and an end to this ridiculous debate, Godsend, just say whatever you're trying to say, what exactly was the point you were trying to make? Yoda, once he's done, whatever beef you've got with his opinions, make a rebuttal and move on

or better yet, just drop it, does anyone even remember what you were originally fighting about???
I haven't lost track of the original argument at all. And we already did what you suggested: he said something, and I replied. Now, every other sentence is incoherent, he's been ducking arguments over the course of several posts, and he barely even seems to be reading some of the posts he's replying to.

I see nothing "ridiculous" about the topic of the debate; just about the way he's holding up his end of it.

This thread is called "What ticks you off?" If something ticks one person off, that is their problem, no matter how ridiculous another person may think it is. 'Michael Myers was right to say "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE". There are so many things that some people on here has said that ticks them off that I do not think is fair (liberals), or that I find strange (cereal crumbs), but I am not going to bother debating about it because apparently it ticks the other person off.

Nuetral opinions - ticks me off.

Originally Posted by gummo
This thread is called "What ticks you off?" If something ticks one person off, that is their problem, no matter how ridiculous another person may think it is. 'Michael Myers was right to say "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE". There are so many things that some people on here has said that ticks them off that I do not think is fair (liberals), or that I find strange (cereal crumbs), but I am not going to bother debating about it because apparently it ticks the other person off.
It's interesting that you'd mention being ticked off by liberals as unfair, but neglect to mention that Godsend listed Republicans among the things that ticked him off. I also can't help but notice that this is the second time you've employed something of a behavioral double-standard in this thread.

Anyway, I have no intention of apologizing for arguing here; and I hope no one else does, either. If someone like Godsend wants to rant about things that upset them, they should be prepared for the possibility that someone will disagree with their reasoning. People here do not discuss things by simply taking turns stating their opinion; we engage and challenge each other, and I think we're all better people for it. Anyone who doesn't want to be part of that is free to leave.

Besides, it's not as if he's getting flack for liking chocolate over vanilla. He raised a serious issue and made several indefensible claims. You can't say that the entire human race has been treading moral water for 2,000 years and not expect a discussion to break out.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Anyway, I have no intention of apologizing for arguing here; and I hope no one else does, either. If someone like Godsend wants to rant about things that upset them, they should be prepared for the possibility that someone will disagree with their reasoning.
He speaks with the power of The Force.

Cheesy home-video effects make me angry - tickig me off. The drop to ripple effect for dreams. The swipe. The "trippy" (damned hippy junk) camera crap for drug sequences. ETC, ETC, ETC

It's interesting that you'd mention being ticked off by liberals as unfair, but neglect to mention that Godsend listed Republicans among the things that ticked him off. I also can't help but notice that this is the second time you've employed something of a behavioral double-standard in this thread.
*exasperated
I chose to use one example, instead of all of them. Liberals was what popped into my head. Cereal popped into my head. What double standard? "Give me some evidence..."

*risk of being banned

Get off your high horse!!!

Hurricanes and people who actually blamed Ivan on Bush...You show me a president who can control the weather and they have my vote.

Rape: It's DEVELOPED! Yes, it has. Now I'm not talking about Pedo's and what not, but I'm talking about the approach towards rape. It involves intelligence, all the way to key planning...sadly. It involves the world of drugs, mainly date rape drugs. It involves seduction, which, OF COURSE, existed back then...but now emotions are not like they used to be.
What a load of rubbish, this ticks me off, what would you know about rape, have you worked in a rape crises cente? I have, have you ever been raped? I have.

*exasperated
I chose to use one example, instead of all of them. Liberals was what popped into my head. Cereal popped into my head. What double standard? "Give me some evidence..."
The double standard in that you only seem to complain about a lack of manners when it's coming from someone with differing political views. Godsend and I both make the same kind of remark, yet mine's the one you find the time to complain about. Or, for example, when you gave Sedai bad rep for allegedly "not listening" to him, paying little attention to the fact that Godsend wasn't listening to any number of things...and also swearing and insulting people childishly.

I don't recall you reprimanding him even the tiniest bit for any of this, despite finding it necessary to reprimand others for doing things far less out of line. Look at it from my point of view; don't you think it looks deliberate?

Originally Posted by nebbit
What a load of rubbish, this ticks me off, what would you know about rape, have you worked in a rape crises cente? I have, have you ever been raped? I have.
It doesn't matter if he's been raped. He's 15, has access to the Internet, and has driven through India which only had electricity part of the day. He feels your pain, and understands the plight of all mankind. Amen.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
The swipe.
I was just ranting at the screen yesterday about this one....

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by nebbit
ThatisFUuuckEDup!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
When I'm driving through an intersection in heavy traffic and someone from the lane beside mine cuts me off in the MIDDLE of the intersection, thereby leaving me hanging out in the line of oncoming traffic, which is illegal in LA. It's times like that I wish I could make people burst into flames.

The double standard in that you only seem to complain about a lack of manners when it's coming from someone with differing political views. Godsend and I both make the same kind of remark, yet mine's the one you find the time to complain about. Or, for example, when you gave Sedai bad rep for allegedly "not listening" to him, paying little attention to the fact that Godsend wasn't listening to any number of things...and also swearing and insulting people childishly.
You are right Yoda, I am sorry.

I don't recall you reprimanding him even the tiniest bit for any of this, despite finding it necessary to reprimand others for doing things far less out of line. Look at it from my point of view; don't you think it looks deliberate?
Yeah it does look deliberate. I wasn't purposely doing it. I guess my anger got the better of me. Again I am sorry. I am also sorry to Sedai.

You are right Yoda, I am sorry.

Yeah it does look deliberate. I wasn't purposely doing it. I guess my anger got the better of me. Again I am sorry. I am also sorry to Sedai.
That's really big of you to say. Please don't apologize, though. I was just trying to point it out. Thank you for being so candid.

This thread also ticks me off, it getting waaaay off topic in some areas. I often see troling and flaming...