Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great

Tools    

Terminator 3...
Finding Nemo...
Any disney cartoons...

Sorry - But The Lion King is da' bomb diggady.

You talking to me!?!
Van Helsing did it for me. I am quite a fan of vampire (warwolves etc) films. But this movie just pushed its luck. It was to action packed and had very little of a decent storyline. Why everyone was enjoying this film I didn't know whether to sleep or cry. Although they did do well on the action scenes, that is most probally the only pro in this film..

Originally Posted by Valo
Van Helsing did it for me. I am quite a fan of vampire (warwolves etc) films. But this movie just pushed its luck. It was to action packed and had very little of a decent storyline. Why everyone was enjoying this film I didn't know whether to sleep or cry. Although they did do well on the action scenes, that is most probally the only pro in this film..
You know people who thought Van Helsing was great

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by nebbit
You know people who thought Van Helsing was great
Hey, I liked it. It was one of those crappy movies you could enjoy with somebody. That somebody was my dad. We both liked it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I won't say I HATED these movies, just didn't think they were all that special.

Mean Streets: Well filmed and well acted, but the pacing was way too slow for my liking.

Adaptation: I liked Being John Malkovich and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I didn't really care much for this Kaufman movie, although Nicholas Cage gives a great performance.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
A lot of people liked Spiderman 2 and I didn't. I wanted to; couldn't. It was just so BAD.

I didn't like Lost in Translation all that much either. I thought there were some really great parts but as a whole I didn't love it the way other people did.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yah I found Lost in Translation to be rather bland. Maybe I was just expecting it to be the second coming of Christ, like everyone was making it out to be, but I thought, other than Bill Murray and Scarlett Goddess, it wasn't anything amazing.

Originally Posted by OG-
Yah I found Lost in Translation to be rather bland. Maybe I was just expecting it to be the second coming of Christ, like everyone was making it out to be, but I thought, other than Bill Murray and Scarlett Goddess, it wasn't anything amazing.
You know we're going to be lynched for this right? They'll beat us with sticks as soon as they find it.

Say what again mother f**ker!
Perl Harbor
Just about every Vin Dessel movie
Armageddon
Both Spidermans
and a hole lot of Action and Love movies I don't have time to list

Fasten your seat belts...
Wow, ball tearer of a thread. See, you avoid a computer for three days and this is what happens.

I'd have to say:

Lost in Translation: Sure, nice film - but to beat In America for screenplay??? Give me a break!

BOTH Spidermans: Peter Parker needs a bitch slap.

The Royal Tenanbaums: What the??

Van Heilsing: One big computer game.

The Hours: Oh look, she's put a nose on. Lets give her an Oscar! Yipppeeeeee

I feel better - you're right!

I thought that the 2 Kill Bills were OK, but everyone else thought they were amazing.

ugghhhh brazil

Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
I thought that the 2 Kill Bills were OK, but everyone else thought they were amazing.
That's how I felt about a couple of other Q.T. movies, Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown (the critics loved this movie).

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LillyVon
Wow, ball tearer of a thread. See, you avoid a computer for three days and this is what happens.

I'd have to say:

Lost in Translation: Sure, nice film - but to beat In America for screenplay??? Give me a break!

BOTH Spidermans: Peter Parker needs a bitch slap.

The Royal Tenanbaums: What the??

Van Heilsing: One big computer game.

The Hours: Oh look, she's put a nose on. Lets give her an Oscar! Yipppeeeeee

I feel better - you're right!
Now, that's it!! I've thought you were cool up to now!! ...well... ok, still do...

But, come on! Lost In Translation, The Royal Tenenbaums and The Hours are all great movies!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Mophead
Both Spidermans
I'm not ALONE!! You're just in denial, Pete.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Who ever thought Van He(i)lsing was good?
Van Helsing was awesome.