How do you buy your dvds?

Tools    

^ Never had a problem with Amazon, online shops - very easy to deal with if there is a problem. Even the Amazon sites in different languages are easy to deal with.

I tend to use Amazon, Walmart.com, Half.com/Ebay and sometimes I will check out the FYE store in the mall. They are so overpriced though.

Movie Stop has a store about an hour away so once in a while I will get there.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ebay, Amazon, Wal-Mart sometimes.

Whenever HMV has a 4 for 20 deal....

Suspect's Reviews

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
Usually 2nd hand from Amazon (wait a month or so after a movie comes out on DVD & you get them for a fraction of the price).

That said, if it's a 20th Century Fox film, I usually get a free copy of the big releases (one advantage of working for them, I guess...)

Sudoku Blackbelt
Bargain Bin or Amazon, usually. It's rare I pay full price for a movie, unless it's something I really want to see.

I am all about the bargain shopping when it comes to DVD's , or even games for that matter. I have bought used as long as its in the original case and its in almost new condition. There is a couple of places around where I can find dvd's cheap, so I am fortunate for that. I might just go and hit it up today.

Ebay, Amazon, Wal-Mart sometimes.

Whenever HMV has a 4 for 20 deal....
Same here, 90% of the time, one of those three, mostly amazon.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Amazon and eBay mostly. We have a handful of used stores here, so I'm always checking them out, which I keep a stockpile of replacement cases for if one turns out to be in poor condition, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my collection.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Almost exclusively Amazon these days and since the HMV collapse (the only one they're planning to keep open over here is 40 miles away) I've picked up a few in Asda. The selection isn't great but they seem to have a high turnover of titles and many Blu Rays on special offer for as low as a fiver.

and since the HMV collapse (the only one they're planning to keep open over here is 40 miles away)
Yikes, I will not be moaning anymore lol. I thought 14 miles away was bad after having one just under 2 miles. My local HMV is closing this month too so the next nearest will be 14 miles in the city.

I've picked up a few in Asda. The selection isn't great but they seem to have a high turnover of titles and many Blu Rays on special offer for as low as a fiver.
Unfortunately, well my local Asda, they seem to stock more films on DVD only and don't bring in the blu-ray edition. There have been a lot of times I've gone in for the blu-ray to be told they are only stocking the DVD edition.

Yep, they're pretty hit and miss with what they actually stock (better than my nearest Sainsburys though) but when you do find something you like I find them cheaper than my local Tesco. Tesco has more choice though.

My local HMV's prices were damn nearly as low as Amazon (3 Blu Rays for £20 as opposed to Amazon's latest 3 for £17 with the same kind of variety) for a lot of stuff towards the end and they surely weren't making a significant profit. It was quite sad walking round it recently - The crap they couldn't shift previously was all that was left on the shelves as the vultures had picked the decent stuff already.

I was one of those vultures. Ah well.

Most of my movies come from Wal-Mart.
Who own Asda over here.

Is their stocking policy the same, I wonder? Competitive prices, smallish selection and if you're after something left-field then keep walking.

The last time I was in Walmart over in America, the entertainment section was massive compared to our Asda supermarkets. And this was when blu-ray was not even out, so it must be fantastic now, I've seen videos on youtube of blu-ray reviewers going into Walmart and it still looks like a big selection.

Looks like we've got the thin end of the wedge. Again.

I must have a look in my local Xtravision (the Paddy Blockbuster which is somehow still trading) to see their selection. When I rented movies by the disc I was in there every few days but I've got out of the habit.

That and the fact that the manager in there is the sort of person who you'd punch in the face as soon as look at. Well, he has that effect on me, anyway.

Not Enough Time
The best deals I know of are online, I do Amazon, for most movies, and more so for TV Shows. A Tv series that is atleast $20 in a store, used, can be less than $10 on the web. I'd rather pay $1 for a movie and $3 shipping and handling, than $5 or more in a store. But I do like the 3 or 4 packs from the stores better, also you can find good deals. It all depends on the movie.

Unfortunately I also have a guilty pleasure to rent, which I know is overall really pretty dumb seeing the amount of money I spend, but I hate more to buy a movie for $7 and hate it, than watch a movie once for $3 and love it. If it's that good hopefully I'll remember it and buy it in the future. There are alot of movies I used to own which I need to purchase again for cheap because I love them, and I refuse to pay $2 to watch it once when I know I like it enough to own.

Also my video store has used VHS tapes (though most are crappy movies) and some DVDs also, but they're no cheaper than other alternatives and not as good a selection.