What actor/actress/director would you like to have as your best friend?

Tools    

Tobey Maguire. He's not my favourite actor. Ed Norton and Jim Carrey can fight over that honour. But there's just something friendly about Maguire's demeanour. If I had to pick one of his character's to befriend, it would be from Pleasantville. This was Maguire at his most easy, most charming. He seems like a regular nice guy.

Kate Hudson. Like everybody who saw Almost Famous, I too fell in love with Hudson, but I've fallen in love with actresses before. Winslet, Jolie, Ryder, Pfeiffer have all at one time been the object of my affection. But there's something more to Hudson. Her Penny Lane character was more than sexual. She was so nice to William in that movie. She never fell for him, but she always remained a friend. And Hudson was so effortless in that role that it made me think that her real life persona is something along those lines. She can't be that good of an actress.

Director. This is the hardest part. If I had a director as a best bud, I'd just want to talk about their films day and night. They would get fed up with me in ten minutes unless they really were in love with cinema, unless they truly loved talking about their movie. I'd choose Scorsese. He's probably my favourite director.

I don't know any of their personalities or spiritual beliefs well enought to know whether or not I would want them for a best friend. That's a tough question.

MovieForums Extra
Mr Bean! Jim Carey, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino...I'd say DeNiro although I heard he's a real cranky fellah!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
sandra bullock hands down. that girl is the sweetest, kindest, warmest, most fun creature. she is kind and down to earth and though I may not really *know* her, I'd like to get to. i think she'd be cool to hang out with.

as for boys ... man, i already get along best with guys. someone funny and self-deprecating. i think matthew perry would be pretty cool. or ... jim carrey. actually, nevermind, he'd be nice as an acquaintance but I think he's got too many issues for me to be able to deal with for extended periods of time, no matter how funny he is.

director ... none really. they're all too serious and grown up. it'd have to be the guy who did dogma, can't remember off the top of my head. or some other independent, someone quirky, different, odd, and youngish (or young at heart). someone not caught up in the "art" and himself as director calling the shots, and instead, more interested in life.

Kevin Smith did Dogma.

If I were picking actors or actresses to hang out with, I'd probably pick Ben Affleck (he comes across as a pretty fun-loving, regular guy, especially in the commentary for Mallrats), and maybe Tommy Lee Jones, Matthew McConaughey and Sandra Bullock (mostly because I could hang out with them and not have to leave Texas. And all of them seem to be pretty level-headed people who would be decent to be pals with). And Owen and Luke Wilson both seem like they'd be a lot of fun to be pals with (and, again, both are from Texas, though I'm not sure they live here anymore).

As for Directors, I'd love to be pals with Robert Rodriguez and Richard Linklater (again, I could hang with both and never have to leave Texas, but both also seem like interesting people who are not too different from me). I'd certainly put Wes Anderson on that list, too, for the same reasons.

And Kevin Smith would be on my list, too, as he and I have similar taste in humor and the like and many of the same interests (and after listening to all his DVD commentaries and reading his columns at his website and all that, I kind of feel like I know him already, at least a little bit.)

And most of all, I'd like to be buds with Lyle Lovett. To me, he's just the coolest guy in the world. (And even though he's a singer, I'm counting him in this game since he has acted in sich films as "Short Cuts" and "The Player" among others.) Another plus: He also lives in Texas.

Be a freak, like me too
Larry David because he's misanthropic like me.
Maurice Pialat because he was misanthropic, like me.
Marlène Dietrich because she was classy, she could have loan me her clothes.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Billie Lourd - Seems like a very down to earth and charming person, and she would have dozens of stories to tell so there'd never be a dull moment, and she could dish all the dirt about certain stars too because of what Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds will have told her, and her dad's a talent agent as well, so he's probably given her a list as long as a novel about who to avoid and why

Katharine Isabelle - Has a great sense of humour and always comes across as a lovely lady to be around. She'd probably have a lot of stories to tell considering how many things she's been in too!

Tristan Risk - Is hilarious and a larger than life character, I'd love to meet her!

Be a freak, like me too
Yes! I've seen a documentary on Cassavetes, he seemed nice. The evenings should have been nice with him and all his buddies!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yes! I've seen a documentary on Cassavetes, he seemed nice. The evenings should have been nice with him and all his buddies!
Which one? There are two really good ones.

"I'm Almost Not Crazy" and "Constant Forge"

Reese Witherspoon

Be a freak, like me too
Which one? There are two really good ones.

"I'm Almost Not Crazy" and "Constant Forge"
"Filmmakers of our time : John Cassavetes"

Both extracts :

Hugh Jackman, RDJ or Matt Damon.
Scarlett Johansson and Emma Watson.

Tarantino obviously, but also Eli Roth. Just listen to the way he talks about movies!

While his movies aren't always the best, I've heard Adam Sandler is a really nice guy.