Spitfire Audio and HBO Westworld Competition Submission

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Felt like the guys from Justice and DP were getting ready to have a dj battle.

Dude. Already loving that synth and snare. I'm half expecting a terminator scout to fly overhead. LOVING THIS.
Ha. Coincidentally, I'll probably upload a Terminator cover theme in the coming days.

Love it.
Really digging that synth and all those little sounds you have crawling around left to right. The subtle stuff you added when they leave the underground area and come out, plus that rocket build was tight. And the stereo panning really widened the feel of the video making it feel more spacious. This really shows me how little I know about texture and space.

I really enjoyed that! I'm glad you finished, and more that you shared
The stereo effect was done by adding up synth voices, and using a mod matrix for panning. Waldorf Nave is what I used. The mix is pretty simple other than that. EQ, compression, wide reverbs, overdrive, phaser on the drums.

Thank you so much! Hopefully this sends me down a scoring rabbit hole.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ha. Coincidentally, I'll probably upload a Terminator cover theme in the coming days.

The stereo effect was done by adding up synth voices, and using a mod matrix for panning. Waldorf Nave is what I used. The mix is pretty simple other than that. EQ, compression, wide reverbs, overdrive, phaser on the drums.
Well, listening through my earbuds, those effects sounded great. That stereo space was very wide.

Thank you so much! Hopefully this sends me down a scoring rabbit hole.
Well, thank YOU for posting and sharing. I hope it does too. Sadly for me, I quickly created a task list of a few ideas to chase to help practice up in the week or two after submission, but I've yet to start even just one of those items =\ I hope you're more disciplined than I am!!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You ready? You look ready.
This makes me really hate being a mobile producer.

I have like 500gb of audio samples and stuff and I haven't touched any of it since it's all PC based and my computer is puny.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Well, thank YOU for posting and sharing. I hope it does too. Sadly for me, I quickly created a task list of a few ideas to chase to help practice up in the week or two after submission, but I've yet to start even just one of those items =\ I hope you're more disciplined than I am!!

Well, if you do decide to work on anything more, I'd be glad to hear it.

I find forcing myself into peer pressure to be a good motivator. Like, if I hadn't mentioned that I'm finishing up a Terminator theme, I'd probably drag it out to months from now.

This makes me really hate being a mobile producer.

I have like 500gb of audio samples and stuff and I haven't touched any of it since it's all PC based and my computer is puny.
Working with individual audio samples should be less CPU intensive.

You could also look into DAWless recording, but the price of a DAWless rig would probably match that of a decent new computer, so...

You ready? You look ready.
I should have said I have a crap ton of money in VSTs because that’s where most of the sounds I want to use.

Had I been more patient I would have waited and bought the new MPC Live 2. I have just as much tied up in the stuff I’m not using at the moment. At least with that I wouldn’t need the computer. And I very much like that approach. So that MPC is at the top of my wishlist.