Detective Pikachu

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ry...ry-1202632588/

That's right! He was Deadpool, but now Ryan Reynolds will play the beloved Pokemon Pikachu in a family mystery film. Reynolds will do both motion capture and voice work as he helps a young man find his kidnapped father.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I thought "Deadpool actor" = T.J. Miller.

This might just do nobody any good.
Charlie Day would’a been an acceptable compromise as well.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm torn. On the one hand, a live-action Pokémon movie. On the other hand, Ryan Reynolds doing his Ryan Reynolds thing.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I knew this movie was being made, but I had no idea what it would look like.

This is so weird.

I was into pokemon when it first came out. Owned Pokemon Red. I can name 151, once they added more I was out.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm torn. On the one hand, a live-action Pokémon movie. On the other hand, Ryan Reynolds doing his Ryan Reynolds thing.
I legitimately don't know which of these two things is supposed to be the positive one.

I legitimately don't know which of these two things is supposed to be the positive one.

I think they're both positives and negatives.

I'm kinda glad they realized going the "realistic pokemon" way wouldn't pan out and just kept the, ahem, outlining the same.

Welcome to the human race...
How rude.

But seriously, I knew the wording was vague and I kept it like that to see who would guess which was which - just to clarify, the former was good and the latter was bad (I did give Deadpool a
, which is a peak example of Ryan Reynolds doing Ryan Reynolds).

He shouldn't talk. HE SHOULDN'T TALK!
Don't worry. You're the only one that can hear him(?).

Doesn't this create another Transformers paradox? Humans ruin it?

I loved Pikachu back in the 90s and had a little cuddly toy sitting on the shelf. It was a bit of a shock to hear the voice they have gone with but I've seen the trailer a few times now and got use to it.

I'll be there to see this, looks a lot of fun.

Is it a Detective or is it a pokemon, is that Sherlock Holmes or Deadpool, do pokemon have day jobs?

I loved Pikachu back in the 90s and had a little cuddly toy sitting on the shelf. It was a bit of a shock to hear the voice they have gone with but I've seen the trailer a few times now and got use to it.

I'll be there to see this, looks a lot of fun.
I have to admit, I just couldn't get shocked since I've seen video game clips before. In a way, some of it's a relief. They got a great actor for the role, he sounds like he plays Pikachu as if he is the detective himself, and the crew was so aware of all the wrong directions they could take with the realistic Pokemon that they stuck with keeping the outlining the same. Smart move. Now if any are criticized, they know where to start for visual re-evaluation in the event they'll put out a Pokemon main series-inspired movie. But keep Pikachu looking the same. Best realistic Pikachu I've seen.