The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Sat down and made myself watch GWTW a week or so ago and while I don't doubt anyone having issues with some of the subject matter I can't imagine the wonder people had watching that in theaters when it came out just based on the mere scope of it.

Like T2, Terminator was another tough cut from my shortlist.
Never been a fan of Gone With The Wind tbh.

Not surprised though to see them make it, and happy T1 got ahead of T2.
T2 is technically a better movie, but the everlasting influence of T1 should always place it higher.

As an aspiring music critic, I stay away from placing things higher on lists because of influence. Anybody can be influenced by Justin Bieber. If T2 is a better movie, it's the higher movie on a chart for me.

As an aspiring music critic, I stay away from placing things higher on lists because of influence. Anybody can be influenced by Justin Bieber. If T2 is a better movie, it's the higher movie on a chart for me.
Ah but without T1, there would be no T2.

Unless it gets retroactively rewritten by Cameron at some point

Now I really wish my In The Mood For Love guess was correct. I rewatched a couple Arnold movies either early this past year or in 2019. Total Recall and Terminator, truly terrible movies. Hard for me to imagine that nostalgia isn't the only reason people like these.

I took my, then, wife to see GWTW in the theater way too long ago. I enjoyed it and the experience. Had I intermission and everything. I haven't returned to it, but I am not against the idea of it happening eventually either. One of my favorite endings. If I hadn't used the line so often maybe I would still be married.

The first terminator made it nice, it was on my list until I decided to just have one terminator movie on there it would of been #12 which T2 took that spot. Oh well, glad to see it on here but Gone with the wind over Terminator?? LOL wtf

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
In the Mood for Love would've been an acceptable choice.

And my lame comment was not directed at Terminator, which I do really like.

Now I really wish my In The Mood For Love guess was correct. I rewatched a couple Arnold movies either early this past year or in 2019. Total Recall and Terminator, truly terrible movies. Hard for me to imagine that nostalgia isn't the only reason people like these.
What's wrong with Total Recall?

Ah but without T1, there would be no T2.

Unless it gets retroactively rewritten by Cameron at some point

Without Ouija there wouldn't be Ouija: Origin of Evil.

First disappointments so far. Two spots for Terminator, really? Fun films for sure yet wouldn't be anywhere near top one hundred.

"Gone With the Wind" is one of those movies you stick on a list and say, "See, I like old film". Long and over rated. Just must have gotten up in a bad mood this morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

36/47 seen
2/26 on clues (I'm done here, think point has been made...)
6/25 off my list

#5 City of God (21 pts - #61)
#25 Forrest Gump (1 pt - #65)
#1 Pan's Labyrinth (25 pts - #68)
#12 Young Frankenstein (14 pts - #77)
#10 American Beauty (16 pts - #79)
#22 Harold & Maude (4 pts - #90)

Gone with the Wind was #4 on the MoFo '30s List while The Terminator was #4 on the MoFo '80s List as well as #10 on the MoFo Sci-Fi List.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

First disappointments so far. Two spots for Terminator, really? Fun films for sure yet wouldn't be anywhere near top one hundred.
Still time for Genisys to appear yet, too.

I don't know what this means.
Not seen either of them.

Notorious for the first one sucking badly and the second one being damn good. What I'm saying is that sequels can in fact be better than the original. Empire Strikes Back, Spider-Man 2 and Evil Dead 2 are good examples.

Good to see The Terminator show, as stated previously for me it's the best one in the franchise.

Gone With The Wind is decent but I don't love it. Nice to see it place on here though.

Seen: 39/46 (Own: 17/46)
My list:  

Faildictions (Eternal vsn 1.0):
54. Bound (1996)
53. Shichinin no samurai (1954)

"Gone With the Wind" is one of those movies you stick on a list and say, "See, I like old film". Long and over rated. Just must have gotten up in a bad mood this morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

36/47 seen
2/26 on clues (I'm done here, think point has been made...)
6/25 off my list

#5 City of God (21 pts - #61)
#25 Forrest Gump (1 pt - #65)
#1 Pan's Labyrinth (25 pts - #68)
#12 Young Frankenstein (14 pts - #77)
#10 American Beauty (16 pts - #79)
#22 Harold & Maude (4 pts - #90)
Like I keep saying no movie with sequels should not have a spot on the list, it's nice to see both terminator movies on here, but why not choose one and let another movie shine on here. 2 lords of the rings movies and 2 godfathers will probably show up O_O, one movie from each is plenty imo

The Terminator almost made it to my Top 25; had it at #36, but I have no issues at all with it being here. I love it (and I already talked a bit about it when T2 popped up).

I haven't seen Gone with the Wind in probably 20 years, but I remember I liked it quite a bit. I think that at the time I saw it, a lot of the racial contexts went over my head, but I've always found the ending to be quite bold for a 1939 epic melodrama.