British Gangster Movies

Tools    

I'm not sure if it counts but I really liked Outlaw (2007) starring Sean Bean.

1. Log,stock and two smoking barrels

2. The Bank job ( based on a true story)

"The End - British Gangsters" is pretty much the most honest portrayal of the gangster life in London, it's a documentary that just came out
Other than that..."Sexy Beast"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I really hate to agree with people , but having just watched the original Get Carter last night, it's tough not to go with that one. Even if 7th disagrees, it's gotta be Hodges' best film, and it just has so many classic scenes. I'm still completely blown away by the film's ending and the way its title is incorporated into it.

I really hate to agree with people , but having just watched the original Get Carter last night, it's tough not to go with that one....I'm still completely blown away by the film's ending and the way its title is incorporated into it.
Yeah, in the Americanized Blaxploitation re-make starring Bernie Casey, Hit Man (1972), they totally copped out on the ending. Had it set-up to end the same, then decided not to pull the trigger.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The absolute number one British gangster movie must be Trainspotting.

Last night i watch a movie Shank it is based on the British Gangster it is future kind of movie.i do not how you guys take this movie,i did not like this movie.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I liked Snatch and Layer Cake and Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, but I tend to miss a good portion of the British dialogue/slang, so I do alot of rewinding!

I liked Snatch and Layer Cake and Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, but I tend to miss a good portion of the British dialogue/slang, so I do a lot of rewinding!

Me too. I normally turn on English subtitles so I don't miss so much.

I think I'm alone on this, but I REALLY loved 'RocknRolla'. I'm not really a Gerard Butler fan, but the chase scene with the Russians was just hilarious.

Love the Guy Ritchie movies, especially Lock STock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

I have not enjoyed his two most recent movies as much.

My favorite of that genre was 'Snatch'. Great freakin movie.

Get Carter to me is the undisputed king of British crime movies. Followed by The Long Good Friday in second place. Forget British crime movies, those two films rank among some of the best crime movies ever.

Snatch, Sexy Beast, and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels are all excellent, but not quite as good as the above two.