Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

I already saw the original one with the rat pack, so I was looking forward to some renewed fun and style. My needs were served.
George Clooney was a good Danny Ocean and the other stars (Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts, Andy Garcia, ...) also shone pretty bright. The twisted plot even kept the story interesting!

Normally I was also going to watch the two sequels, but I decided to divide the light-hearted fun of these series, in stead of using it all up in one night. So I watched a more important film I still had to see:

No Country for Old Men (2007)

I hardly ever experienced a villain so terrifying, dangerous and unpredictable as Anton Chigurh. Bardem's performance really made this movie as he's able to deliver constant suspense!
The ending of the movie is rather depressing in tone, which fits the story perfectly.
Yet another awesome piece of filmmaking by the Coen brothers!

The Insider, id give it a 6/10
Can't be serious?? Deserves at least an 8 by the most severe critic... stunning film!

I liked The Onion Field follow up on what happened after the first trial. Especially the demise of the surviving officer Karl Hettinger. To Live And Die in L.A. was a bit to 80's kliche especially with the wang chung soundtrack in mind, but i always love Willem Dafoe.

that's what she said...
SHARK NIGHT 3D. 3/5
^For a low budget a B movie actors/actresses this actually wasn't that bad. The sharks were fake looking but the characters were relatable and the setting was good. Story line was okay but hey, I'd watch this again sometime. It was 100000x's better than Pirahna 3D!

Life of Pi

Great, great movie, definitely one of the best of 2012. A visually stunning film and a powerful and rather emotional experience.

I also watched Apocalypse Now before Life of Pi, but I won't rate it at the moment. I feel that Apocalypse Now is one of those films which you can't give an immediate opinion about. It's one of those great works of cinema that make you think and think, films that make you analyze every little detail you saw in the movie. Pulp Fiction had this effect on me, and now it's one of my favourite films of all time, and I think it's one of the greatest films ever made.

First I want Apocalypse Now to settle, and once I've seen it for a second time after a couple of days I'll give my opinion and rating.

Milk and Honey (2004) by Kate McCabe

The Big Steal (1949) by Don Siegel

This Gun for Hire (1942) by Frank Tuttle

Klute (1971) by Alan J. Pakula
Just a heads up, you should really post in Movie Tab II, especially as you seem to post in batches, I've enjoyed your ratings of very varied films so far and the OP says we should post there as well, you'll probably get more attention too

Life of Pi

Great, great movie, definitely one of the best of 2012. A visually stunning film and a powerful and rather emotional experience.

I also watched Apocalypse Now before Life of Pi, but I won't rate it at the moment. I feel that Apocalypse Now is one of those films which you can't give an immediate opinion about. It's one of those great works of cinema that make you think and think, films that make you analyze every little detail you saw in the movie. Pulp Fiction had this effect on me, and now it's one of my favourite films of all time, and I think it's one of the greatest films ever made.

First I want Apocalypse Now to settle, and once I've seen it for a second time after a couple of days I'll give my opinion and rating.
I'd rate Life of Pi the same at
, totally loved it and a fantastic experience. Apocalypse Now is one of my all time favourites, and I'd give it a rating of
, just like Pulp Fiction.

Just a heads up, you should really post in Movie Tab II, especially as you seem to post in batches, I've enjoyed your ratings of very varied films so far and the OP says we should post there as well, you'll probably get more attention too
Thanks for the heads up, ill do that!

Punch-Drunk Love (2002)

This was AWESOME! It's something totally different than Anderson's other work. It's much smaller, but it's really gold. The colors are beautiful, the direction is perfect and the film is just EXTREMELY funny and sweet at the same time. Adam Sandler also did a really good job in this.

PTA is now officially a film genius in my opinion(I've now seen Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love and There Will Be Blood). I still have to see The Master and Sydney/Hard Eight. I'm really looking forward to those!

Argo -
-

It seemed like a pretty well made film, but didn't quite live up to my expectations (what with all the awards it's been winning). This rating may change though. I watched it late at night and was having a little trouble concentrating. I might like it better when I have another go at it later on.

Killer Joe - 5/10

Disappointed. Even the infamous food scene was not as infamous as I'd hoped it to be. The first half is promising. The 2nd half is just a mess.