Movies you are afraid of

Tools    

Jaws really freaked me out now I will not go swimming in the sea at all ever. I even freak myself out if I'm in a swimming pool alone and I start thinking about sharks!
Speaking of swimming reminded me of another film that used to give me the heebie jeebies, even in a public pool. Ever see Creature From the Black Lagoon in the scene where the heroine is swimming in this jungle river, not knowing that the creature is swimming on its back just a few inches below her, mirroring her speed and every stroke like some horrible water ballet! Get to thinking about that while you're swimming and you've gotta head for shore!

Bobby, which movie is this from? It looks like some awful sick and twisted ***** is goin' on there. Yowza!

I can't stand to watch movies about the Holocaust or other mass murders or tortures. So much of man's inhumanity upsets me. I also don't do movies like "Jaws" or other films involving clouds or pools or splatters of blood. I spent years working as a reporter on the police beat, and I've seen too much of real blood pooled and splattered--it's not entertaining to me. I don't have problems with wars films set in the past (the Korean conflict or later) or in the distant future, but I generally don't do Vietnam. Saw "Reservoir Dogs" once--it's a well-made film with a great cast, but I could never sit through it again.

I go to movies for entertainment and escapism. I want something with a plot to it, not something jumping out of the dark to bite or chop expendable characters.

I'm not overly fond of mass murder/torture movies… nor do I particularly care for pools or spatters of blood either… I've walked the beat much too long now to find anything entertaining in such and can well understand your comment on why you go to a movie and what you want from one…

BTW, I don't think I ever said HI and welcome to MoFo…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
If I'm afraid of a movie, I don't watch it at all. If I do watch it, it's because someone else I care about wants to. My rule then is to watch it while it's still light out so I have time to clean my mind before trying to sleep. It didn't work with The Ring. Eek!

1962 Night of the Living Dead I would have to give this movie 5 I mean ***** that is, count them, five stars. One of the most classic, scariest and most simplistic horror movies of all time. I must have seen it at least 10 times in recent years. I just saw 28 Weeks later and wanted to rent this one. I went to get it and for some reason my local, crappy, privately owned video store. That charges 3.99 per day of late fees never has it in. I can't believe they wouldn't have it in.. I know someone out there owes them $399 dollars for holding onto it for so long haha.. I thought about buying it cheap off of Wal-Mart or using their new download video thing to get it. I came across another VOD website that had the movie and I made a free trial account and watched the movie a minute later. it was awesome. they have really cool other old horror movies there i never even see in the store.

I have to return some videotapes.
I completely agree with The Dark Crystal. I too saw this when I was a kid, and still today there is something quite creepy about those pupets. But it's funny how similar there look to Team America puppets and that movie simply cracked me up.

I'm not overly fond of mass murder/torture movies… nor do I particularly care for pools or spatters of blood either… I've walked the beat much too long now to find anything entertaining in such and can well understand your comment on why you go to a movie and what you want from one…

BTW, I don't think I ever said HI and welcome to MoFo…
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry I was slow to respond--I don't check every topic as frequently as I should. Seems we have a lot in common on movies and frames of reference.

Seven and 28 days later. They make it seem like it could really happen.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
My daughter wanted to watch Saw the other day. I've been avoiding it for some time. I thought it would be scary.

After seeing it, I have to say that while it's implausible as all hell, it's not scary and not a bad film.

WARNING: "Saw" spoilers below
I don't see some sick dying dude faking being dead in a pool of blood for what, six hours or more, without moving or anything though.

LOL.

Yeah, the Ring had a creepishly feel to it. Back in the day it was Poltergeist.

The Dark Crystal, in the beginning, where the ruler rots away on his bed. I had to cover my eyes each time during that scene.
but still love the movie. heh.

poltergeist!!! The clown scene? I still cannot watch that scene without the lights on and someone watching it with me.....and I am a 25 year old grown man!!!!

Slither...I was afraid of this movie...not because it was scary but it because it losses my appetite....I hate those creature with out bone like worm...

I know this movie isn't scary at all, but The Truman Show creeps me out, just for the idea of it.

+The remake of The Amityville Horror was really scary.
+The Pig thing in Saw

BOW BEFORE THE MIGHT OF MY DANCING KIRBY!

stephen king's "IT".... my fear for clowns will never go away

i'm new here at movieforums by the way... try to work my way in

WARNING: "Saw" spoilers below
I don't see some sick dying dude faking being dead in a pool of blood for what, six hours or more, without moving or anything though.
You should wrap that up around spoiler tags there bleach.

And personally, I can easily see a guy who was as highly motivated as he appeared to be, pull that off with hardly any effort at all.

He reminds me of John Doe in the movie Se7en. Very patient in order to fulfill his duty as was the case with that other chap.