The Movieforums Top 100 War Movies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Surprisingly, there are no animated films on my ballot. I suspect at least a couple animated films will make the list.
I regret not including Waltz With Bashir on my ballot

I've come to accept I get maybe 10 of my picks on the list, the other 15 not, because you guys aren't hipster enough.

There are actually 94 films tagged both war and musical on imdb. I wonder if any of them will make the countdown?

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...y_ratings,desc

I haven't seen any of those. We should probably throw out my ballot.

There are actually 94 films tagged both war and musical on imdb. I wonder if any of them will make the countdown?

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...y_ratings,desc
Only seen a few of those. When we do a top 100 musical movies. South Pacific (1958) will be making my ballot.

I'm not going to say no, but this is the smallest odds of it happening. My list will almost all make it, and the ones that won't I wouldn't expect to.
Most of my list won't make it, I guess that means I'll have to pitch hit for you and complain

I forgot the opening line.
Which wars will feature most? I predict

1 - World War II
2 - World War I
3 - Vietnam War
4 - American Civil War
5 - Iraq Wars
6 - Cold War
7 - Afghanistan
8 - Napoleonic Wars
9 - Spanish Civil War
10 - Somali Civil War
11 - Japanese Feudal Wars
12 - The Troubles

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I didn't send a list in and I'm very disappointed in myself.

I got so frustrated compiling a pathetic partial that I couldn't bring myself to properly order it and send it. I'm sorry for being a coward and not go into battle with y'all this time around, MoFos... I will still follow this list along the way or try to at least. Gonna be very busy the upcoming three months but I'll do my best to check in.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I didn't send a list in and I'm very disappointed in myself.

I got so frustrated compiling a pathetic partial that I couldn't bring myself to properly order it and send it. I'm sorry for being a coward and not go into battle with y'all this time around, MoFos... I will still follow this list along the way or try to at least. Gonna be very busy the upcoming three months but I'll do my best to check in.
I should have kept you on track. Damnit

Someone should make a war musical where the soldiers sing about killing each other as they're fighting. I wonder how well that would go.

Oh! What a Lovely War
1969, Richard Attenborough. Starring Maggie Smith, Dirk Bogarde, Laurence Olivier, Ralph Richardson, John Gielgud, Jack Hawkins, John Mills, Susannah York, Phyllis Calvert, Jean Pierre Cassel, John Clements, Michael Redgrave, Vanessa Redgrave, and Kenneth More.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Any predictions on what will be #100?
A Man Called Sarge?

Due to personal issues and other reasons, I decided to take a step back from this countdown. This way I can marvel at your choices and take notes.

Which wars will feature most? I predict

1 - World War II
2 - World War I
3 - Vietnam War
4 - American Civil War
5 - Iraq Wars
6 - Cold War
7 - Afghanistan
8 - Napoleonic Wars
9 - Spanish Civil War
10 - Somali Civil War
11 - Japanese Feudal Wars
12 - The Troubles
Definitely World War II and then Vietnam War.

Surprisingly, there are no animated films on my ballot. I suspect at least a couple animated films will make the list.
I have one animated film.