The 6th Hall Of Fame

Tools    

Alright I have added all the threads. Yoda was nice enough to let us do that so lets make use of them. I hope it gets people to check in and read what others are saying more frequently.

Inmate joined us and I added his nomination to the first post. If Neiba sends a nomination tomorrow I will add it and extend the due date.

I know goodies provided a you tube link for her nomination. I have also found Ten, Woman In The Dunes, and Late Spring on you tube. If you have trouble finding anything else let me know. I won't be able to find it for you, but know how to find someone who will.

Off to bed. Later MoFo.

Blue Car, Sonatine, and Raise the Red Lantern are all on Netflix streaming.

I just watched Pierrot Le Fou in January so I'll probably wait a couple months to rewatch that and Woman in the Dunes.

You should have done that cricket, it's high on my watchlist. Damn you!

Still, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead is a dope nomination. That's a really good movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I had originally planned to nominate Onibaba, but changed my mind after Gbgoodies and Raul watched it, and didn't care for it.
I gave it 6/10. For Mark that is great!

Neiba sent his nomination. It is Fail Safe, a Lumet movie from 1964. Add it to your list. I extended the dead line. That is all, we are officially closed for business.

Citizen pointed out I should have said who nominated the films in the individual threads. I will take care of that soon. Should have done it in the first place.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I had about 8 films in contention and cut it down to a final 3. The Grapes of Wrath and Good Morning Vietnam rounded out my top 3 for my choices this time.

Its been a couple years so I am reluctant to comment. One of those that just left my mind. Sometimes things just don't hit you right. If I basically completely forget it, it needs a rewatch though. I don't remember lines or scenes great, I usually remember story arcs though. That film has all but left me.

The Grapes of Wrath was one of the first old films that I seen. I loved it at the time. Now that I watch movies with a more critical eye, I'm not sure what I would think of it.

Neiba sent his nomination. It is Fail Safe, a Lumet movie from 1964. Add it to your list. I extended the dead line. That is all, we are officially closed for business.
My dad was just telling me about this movie the other day and insisting that I watch it.

Unfortunately the fact that my dad holds it in such high regard isn't a good sign. He and I agree on very little when it comes to movies. But we'll see how this goes.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've seen 9 of those and like them all - but The Sweet Hereafter, Das Boot and Woman in the Dunes (along with my own nomination) are the ones I love.

Looking forward to seeing Ten the most of the others and it is a timely nomination because it will be 10th Kiarostami film
I just read the first line and was pretty disappointed but the second line made it all better.

I'm really curious as to what people are going to have to say about The Sweet Hereafter. I think it's a phenomenal film both technically and emotionally.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I had about 8 films in contention and cut it down to a final 3. The Grapes of Wrath and Good Morning Vietnam rounded out my top 3 for my choices this time.

I wish you had nominated Good Morning Vietnam. I've always wanted to watch it, but I've never gotten around to it. This HoF would have been a good excuse to see it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Citizen pointed out I should have said who nominated the films in the individual threads. I will take care of that soon. Should have done it in the first place.

Fail Safe is a great movie. It's one of the few movies nominated that I've already seen, and there's a great chance that it will land high on my list.