IMAX CEO: ‘The Marvels’ Will Not Receive Any Specialty Screens

Tools    

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
"In yet another crippling blow to Marvel’s struggling cinematic universe, IMAX has confirmed that barring any further delays to either film, The Marvels will not be played on any of the company’s high-resolution projectors due to a previous screening commitment made to Warner Bros. Discovery’s Dune: Part Two."

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/...itted-to-dune/
"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, so IMAX has decided to play a good film on their screens instead?

I approve!

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
Ah, so IMAX has decided to play a good film on their screens instead?

I approve!

At this point, I halfway expect the next Marvel Comics sausage opus to be a full-length, mega-budget Paul Blart flick.

A system of cells interlinked
At this point, I halfway expect the next Marvel Comics sausage opus to be a full-length, mega-budget Paul Blart flick.
Ah, in that case, it would win the next MoFo film countdown, as pretty much everyone on the site agrees that the Blart stuff is pinnacle cinema.

You ready? You look ready.
After having watched Dune 5 times now I can finally say it’s an OK film. More excited for Part 2 than watching the first one again.