29 votes
Shawshank Redemption
17.14%
6 votes
Braveheart
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am burdened with glorious purpose
ah, so you need a tiebreaker, eh?

I don't like either poster but if I had to pick, I'd go with Heat and Dust, because of the texture I see in it.

I don't want to be presumptuous, but if this breaks the tie, how about a new contest? A battle of posters for the same film?

or

Argh, that's an evil one, tramp!

Hmmm, this really is tough because both posters are beautiful in their own right. The Batman specific poster looks more symbolic with Batman standing before a beautiful yet nocturnal city. The city itself looks so overwhelming compared to Batman, which sort of suggests that the city is a character in itself and that Batman now realises that theres a much bigger and darker world out there than there previously was.

The Joker poster, by contrast, is more iconic than the other one. The emphasis is on his flamboyant clothing and his trademark Joker card and knife. It suggests that the character is larger than life if anything.

I know some of that sounded a bit confusing but it's the best I can do. I think i'll go with The Batman poster because theres much more symbolism to it.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
No, that wasn't confusing at all! I love both of them a great deal. (There are even two more Dark Knight posters that I like, too.)

I do like the symbolism of the first one and I agree with your assessment.

But for sheer emotional response, I simply love that first poster of the Joker. One of the things I especially liked about Ledger's performance was the way he held his shoulders, and this poster captures that body language. I also love the flowing coat.

I'll go with the first (Joker) one, then.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I do like the Joker one because to me the other poster looks fake..

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Let's see if we can get this game back on track. I hope to see some new members take part in this.

Remember, you are voting for the poster, not the movie.

Sand Pirates of the Sahara

VS

Gator Bait

Suspect's Reviews

Where's the poll Suspect?

I'd vote for Gator Bait, those tag lines are too good. "Half Animal... All Woman"
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I hope y'all realize that Sand Pirates of the Sahara is a fake movie (Ramón Jamón!!) shown in The Majestic. Gator Bait is all-too-real.

Good memory Mark, I haven't seen that movie since it first came out on DVD and even then it wasn't too memorable for me, but I think I see the little 'Majestic' symbol to the left of the frightened woman. Suspect is maybe trying to pull a fast one on us? I kinda want to see Gator bait now.