Lets Talk Football

Tools    

That's the problem. Villa is good at getting players into other countries teams it just isn't happening for England. I just think Sven doesn't like us. As for Barry, well, I can never say it enough. BARRY FOR LEFT MIDFIELD!
Alas Sven has his favourites and Barry is not one of them. He actually played him once but that was when England had a major injury crisis and how much pitch time did he get? About seven minutes at the very end, and I believe it was a friendly.
Sven has a good record for England but I'm glad were finally getting a change perhaps with the fresh blood we can get a fresh approach to the squad and maybe a change of luck.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Oh dear, um, oh...

Not that i'm complaining you understand... but i imagines you might.

(it's probably just gossip tho )

Bashes head on computer desk until it bleeds.
Losing Barry would be inviting the relegation klaxons.
I really, really hope it is a rumour or if not that the deal falls through.

Ground Control To Major Thom
there was also a rumour that we (Newcastle) might take Barry in a money plus Barry for James Milner deal... I do not rate him personally, I would rather keep Milner

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SmegFirk
I do not rate him personally, I would rather keep Milner
I've seen Barry play first hand a few times and he's good on the ball but turns slower than an oil tanker. Still better than Jenas though...

Heh. Baby-face Jenas is still, um, growing.

(We're hoping he'll be 10ft 4" eventually )

---

Personally, i wouldn't mind trading Murphy for Barry - and then using him as back up . (I like all the rumours that suggest trading Murphy in )

Looks like we might be getting Chimbonda from Wigan, which'd be good. Our right-back, 'Diesel' Stalteri, is another one who's proved a bit slow on the turn.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
I've seen Barry play first hand a few times and he's good on the ball but turns slower than an oil tanker. Still better than Jenas though...
I would agree that Barry would be more useful to Newcastle because of his left-sided nature than Jenas was as a central player before he jumped out of the 'goldfish bowl' and went down to Tony Soprano's mob.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I would agree that Barry would be more useful to Newcastle because of his left-sided nature than Jenas was as a central player before he jumped out of the 'goldfish bowl' and went down to Tony Soprano's mob.
I may well be wrong on this as I've not seen him play for a couple of seasons but hasn't Barry been playing more in the centre this season anyway? He's certainly been one of the few shining lights for Dreary O'Deary's mob this past season. Maybe The Rev can tell us.

I used to teach in a school at the back of Villa Park and will always remember this one poor kid in the class who was a Blues fan. He'll either turn out Heavyweight Champion of the World, a successful comedian...or a complete doormat.

Villa's form had been so dismal I haven't bothered to watch any of the games of late.
Though I can say this, Barry is the Reliant Robin out of a bunch of Skoda's. He's pretty adaptable in midfield (I don't consider left-back the best position for him to play at) and a darn good setter.

Whatever happens with Barry, it seems the consensus is supporting Aston Villa is a world of pain.

How much does Simon Jordan, Crystal Palace chairman/owner, love himself? I mean seriously. They have now accepted a bid from Wigan for Andrew Johnson (who seems to have followed Cole and got rid of the Andy) of £8.5 million

player before he jumped out of the 'goldfish bowl' and went down to Tony Soprano's mob.
That was part of a secret Spursano strategy - to buy up every young Englishman called Jermaine. (And keep all our players in dog houses )

Seems like the pitbull might be about to bolt tho, incidently

Originally Posted by Golgot
That was part of a secret Spursano strategy - to buy up every young Englishman called Jermaine. (And keep all our players in dog houses )

Seems like the pitbull might be about to bolt tho, incidently
you need to give me the encryption key so I can work out what the hell you are trying to say

So sorry

Translation-o-sorts:

Jenas = 'special' (and you're probably right not to miss him)

Jol = fearsome bloke (who probably keeps troublesome types on tight leash)

Davids = leaving

Shevchenko has confirmed that he will be leaving Milan. Assuming it is Chelsea who were going to have a look down the back of the sofa and pull out the required £30 million? to get him, I am excited.

I have never been a fan who actively hates most of the clubs. I have never been too keen on Liverpool or Tottenham, I do not know why but for some reason those two clubs are annoy me. So I'm looking forward to seeing him, and Ballack, and whoever else other clubs manage to get hold of.

Of course, Newcastle buying some people that actually do something (I am looking at you Boumsong/Luque) will be the icing on the cake.

Ach, the 'Pool/Spurs hate is totally valid - coz both fanbases have made unwarrented claims-to-greatness far too often. But you gotta say... the Reds have showed big character in some recent cup finals. And Spurs are kinda tailing behind there somewhere... (maybe we'll earn your respect some day )

Chelsea - ah, what can you say. Fun times for neutrals

Peter Crouch: I never, ever, want to see you do "the robot" again.

Yours sincerely,
SmegFirk.

I was like when Crouch did that.

aarrgghhh it burns!