The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Raising Arizona was number 4 on my list, and one of the truly great 80s films. I'm glad to see it on here as I was thinking of writing it off soon, which would have been a shame.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, but you have to agree it was the randomness of top 90s thread that made it so great! Including Sexy Celebrity's screen debut as Adolf Hitler!

Paris, Texas is decent.

Raising Arizona, loved it when I first saw it... but hasn't aged brilliantly for me. I got it on DVD yet haven't watched it for ages.

I remember watching Raising Arizona as a kid and this guy use to show up in my nightmares. Honestly.

Same here. Although sometimes they weren't nightmares.

Don't forget that since I am Hitler, the wedding will be Nazi themed.

The opening sequence is just unbelievably well written and paced, and the music is perfect.
One of the finest sequences in any film. The words, images, perforances, music- there's no way any of this could work any better. Every moment til the end of Ode to Joy is perfect and joyful and even touching. The rest of the film is great too.

I absolutely love this film. I think it was #5 on my list as well, and despite strong competition, the Coen brothers' best.

See what you started, Minio? And I gave you upload...
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."