Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

The truth is in here
Did you ever take a look at young Nicholson?

Next to young Christian Slater:?

Don't understand where the similarities lie.

Larry Fessenden looks far more alike Nicholson.

I've often lumped them together as well. They were both big men, did similar roles, and had fairly similar voices. Both lefties...
I didn't want to rate The Set-Up (1949) since I didn't see the whole thing (but it's a story of a boxer who's manager bets on him to lose via taking a dive that the manager promises gangsters, but doesn't inform the boxer)... but I will say it was some of the best (most realistic) boxing action I've seen put to film. I later came to learn that Robert Ryan had some background in boxing - he was a boxing champ while serving in the Marines!

Psychopathic Psychiatrist

This is NOT Harvey Keitel.

It is in fact the Austrian Actor Wolfram Berger

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I saw this movie from 1994 called Black Belt Angels and I thought the villain seen here was Best of the Best's Simon Rhee, but I soon learned it is actually Chinese Kempo Karate master Sam Kuoha. His daughter Kai'mi was one of the stars of the film and Sam was also one of the fight choreographers.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-08 124335.png
Views:	33
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	93616   Click image for larger version

Name:	simon rhee.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	93617  

I didn't want to rate The Set-Up (1949) since I didn't see the whole thing (but it's a story of a boxer who's manager bets on him to lose via taking a dive that the manager promises gangsters, but doesn't inform the boxer)... but I will say it was some of the best (most realistic) boxing action I've seen put to film. I later came to learn that Robert Ryan had some background in boxing - he was a boxing champ while serving in the Marines!
Yeah, the boxing was great in that picture. I really liked it, and it seems to me that the film has been singled out as having some of the most realistic boxing scenes.

As I recall, Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956) had some real good boxing scenes, although my memory might be fooling me. Newman didn't play a very good Italian (Rocky Graziano), but he was good in the movie.

Yeah, the boxing was great in that picture. I really liked it, and it seems to me that the film has been singled out as having some of the most realistic boxing scenes.

As I recall, Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956) had some real good boxing scenes, although my memory might be fooling me. Newman didn't play a very good Italian (Rocky Graziano), but he was good in the movie.
Your memory's not fooling you, GulportDoc. The boxing in Somebody Up There Likes Me was also exceptional (caught a bit of it just recently).

I saw someone who looked an awful lot like John Ritter today and it sort of made me all weird in the head thinking hey this could be his son but John Rotter died recently so it was really sort of awkward and the guy noticed how off I looked and it probably made him uncomfortable.

This is NOT Harvey Keitel.

It is in fact the Austrian Actor Wolfram Berger
Looks nothing like Keitel.

Looks nothing like Keitel.
He looks like Keitel and i am not the only one who is saying that, there are magazines who in fact call him "The Austrian Harvey Keitel".

If anything he looks closer to Kurt Russell.
Looks nothing like Russell.

He looks like Harvey Keitel.

He looks like Keitel and i am not the only one who is saying that, there are magazines who in fact call him "The Austrian Harvey Keitel".

Looks nothing like Russell.

He looks like Harvey Keitel.
Ummm, okay.

Chloe Sevigny

and Jena Malone

It's incredible how much Lars Passgard from Through a Glass Darkly resembles Domnhall Gleeson:

One of my favorite movies, but can’t say I ever thought of this pair as being similar.