MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

I picked up his backup, Zamir White, a couple weeks ago before the TNF game. He's had two good games in a row, so I'm leaning toward starting him in my FLEX over Metcalf, especially since Metcalf is questionable himself with a back injury.
I mean, this is pretty funny:

The trick is not minding
Team explodes, 270+ combined points the last two weeks in the service of the consolation bracket. Sounds about right.
Definitely makes you wonder how things would have worked out if you hadn’t been hit so hard with injuries so early in the season. There was a stretch where you lost a starter every week, wasn’t there?

Definitely makes you wonder how things would have worked out if you hadn’t been hit so hard with injuries so early in the season. There was a stretch where you lost a starter every week, wasn’t there?
Yeah, it was just relentless, and the timing on a lot of stuff was nuts.

Your team is a big what-if, too. One of the more egregious splits between points and results we've ever seen. Quite possibly the most.

Feels like the fourth straight year I've said "this was the craziest/least predictable year yet" and I think it's been true every time. The NFL's a bucking bronco.

This was my 6th championship appearance in the last 8 years, but only my second time winning. Maybe that explains why I'm less excited about the victory rather than just relieved that I didn't lose yet another championship game.

This was an oddly stress-free year of fantasy football for me in our league. I was the highest-scoring team on the season by a decent margin, while also having the second fewest points scored against me --- quite the winning combo. I was initially worried about @jiraffejustin in the semi-finals, but then Chase was ruled out early in the week and Puka Nacua doubled the total of Kamara, Kupp and Taysom Hill on TNF, leaving me a 40-point favorite. At that point I was able to just sit back and enjoy the games and not stress over whom to start. Similar situation in the championship with Jacobs being doubtful and Lamb going ballistic Saturday night, while my opponent had Gibbs significantly underperform his projections, leaving me another 40-point favorite going into Sunday.

Barkley and Fields missed a few games, but the majority of my team remained remarkably healthy this season. The only major injury I suffered was losing Mark Andrews, and even that had a silver lining, as it happened on TNF a day or two before our trade deadline, giving me just enough time to aggressively pursue a replacement. Wylde Wolves was one of the few teams with more than one good TE, and I knew he had interest in Mike Evans based on earlier trade discussions, so I offered Evans for Engram/Hopkins. It definitely felt like I was selling Evans short, but I felt that my depth was strong enough to make him expendable. At that point in time Engram was the 13th ranked TE, averaging 7.5 points a game. Since then, thanks in large part to Christian Kirk's injury opening up more targets, Engram has averaged 13.2 points a game, behind only Njoku and LaPorta.

Last year I traded Davante Adams for CeeDee Lamb before the season even began, which turned out to be a mistake. Lamb was very good, but Adams was quite a bit better, and he was a big reason why @rauldc14 went on to win the championship. This year in the draft I found myself debating those same two players. Again I chose Lamb over Adams, but this time it worked out for me, as Lamb finishes the season as the #1 WR, scoring over a hundred more points than Adams this year. Puka Nacua was also a huge reason for my success, as he and teammate Kyren Williams cemented themselves as two of the greatest wire-wire adds of all-time.

I'm a fantasy football junkie, so my weekends feel strangely hollow once it's over. I love playing in this league with you guys and I look forward to defending my title in the Captain Spaulding Invitational once again next year. Thanks for another fun season.

I did not see Houston, or anyone for that matter, scoring 45 points on Clevelands defense 😳

Damn shrinkflation!

(For the record, after learning about @Yoda's crippling gambling debts and outstanding child support payments, I encouraged him to buy a smaller, cheaper trophy this season.)