What are your favorite all time movie scenes?

Tools    

Originally Posted by A Spoonful Supreme
True Romance: The scene where Dennis Hopper slyly insults Christopher Walken and Italians, then goes down like a badass.

oooh ya that was a great one sure to be mentioned!!!

A few come to mind:

The entire LotR trilogy is one awesome scene. If I had to pick a single one though, I'd say the fight between Sam and Shelob and the Battle of the Pellenor fields.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off:
Cameron - "Ferris Bueller your my hero."
The scene with the droaning teacher; "...Bueller....Bueller...Bueller..."
The scene where Cameron kills the car.

Any movie that has any scene with Christopher Walken in it.

The scene where Creasy walks over the bridge in Man on Fire.

btw, I'm new here.

The Godfather part 1....the scene int he cafe when al pacino kills the police chief and drug lord.....his eyes act better in that scene than most actors can use their whole bodies in a whole performance...

The scene in Se7en when the dead body on the bed moves....****s me up everytime LOL

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
E.T. When ET goes home I turn into an 8 year old girl who just lost her dolly.

To Kill A Mockingbird When Atticus leaves the courtroom and the gallery stands. And the Reverend tells Scout to stand. Awesome.

The Usual Suspectsi "He showed these men of will what real will is"

Some Like it Hot "Nobody's Perfect"

Amelie When you realize who the man in the photo is

Many many more...

Magnolia......

SPOILERS....

When it spontaniously rains frogs.....actually lukd real....

Im from england and a friend of mine told me that actually happened in the startes sumwer.....apparantly there was a hurricaine and it passed over a field with millions of frogs in it......then they basically rained down over a local town or something....i found that really kool but is it true???

superman returns. the flying scene with lois lane. also, it was heart-breaking when superman was tortured by lex's gang.

Good topic!

Off the top of my head I can name two of my favorite scenes.

1) The Drowning Scene in The Abyss

and

2) The Firecracker/Drug Deal in Boogie Nights

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
JFK
The scenes that made up the entire Clay Shaw trial were great. May it be the dramatized re-enactments, the actual going-on's within the court room or that footage of Kennedy's death. "Back and to the left", that bit left me speechless. And Garrison's closing statement was easily Costner's finest moment. That monologue brought me on the verge of tears, as it did him. Yeah, good stuff.

Mulholland Dr.

Betty and Rita's visit to Club Silencio in the middle of the night. That entire scene sends shivers down my spine. There are soo many things during those few minutes that you don't notice the first time around. Heck, I've seen that scene a dozen times, at least, and I'm still seeing stuff I never noticed before. And even when I have figured out everything that's going on in there (which will probably never happen) I'll always be able to appreciate the beauty of it.

The Shining
I'm pretty sure someone already mentioned this but it's worth bringing up again: when Shelley Duvall's character takes a look at literary work that Jack had been working on for the duration of their time at the hotel... woah. One of the scariest moments in movie history. She was the perfect person to play that role too. Leading up to that point she played such a likeable vulnerable character and when she gets a look at that manuscript, your stomach takes a significant drop with hers.

Days of Heaven

Is That Your Best?
I know most people would say it is cheesy, but it gets me all the the time. The ending scene of Pay It Forward where all the people come the house with flowers and candles.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/MSakuro/me2.jpg

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
I thought of a few more while I was at school...

Pulp Fiction
Pretty much every scene in this movie can get me in a good mood, but that final scene at the diner. Oh my. It was great the first time around because I was covering my face with my hands, afraid to see what was gonna happen. At the time I had seen my fair share of John Woo movies where a dozen different people are pointing guns at each other's face, but things were definitely different in the Fiction. Maybe it was because I related to and cared for all the characters on the screen. Maybe Tarantino is a grandmaster when it comes to atmosphere. Now, of course I know how it all goes down, but it's still a great scene because Samuel L. Jackson is the pinnacle of cool in those few minutes(actually he is throughout the entire film). "I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd." There really is no such thing as a perfect movie but there are such things as perfect scenes and this is definitely one of those.

Waking Life
Waking Life follows an unnamed guy through his dream which consists of him listening to people, conversing with people and sometimes eavesdropping. The main character has over a dozen different encounters, all very interesting and my favorite is the last one. At first he was enjoying the whole lucid dream experience but now he's spooked and he's talking to a guy playing pinball. After the main character has explained his situation, the pinball man goes off on this brilliant rant about matters on an epic scale of complexity in a very simple fashion. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't go watch it.

Life of Brian
When Brian falls into the spaceship... wow.

The party scene from Big Wednesday.

It's a long one, not in any particular order:

The Phantom Menace: Qui-Gon's funeral pyre
Attack of the Clones: Anakin searching for his mother
Revenge of the Sith: Anakin defeating Dooku and Order 66
A New Hope: the trench run, "the Force is strong with this one"
The Empire Strikes Back: Luke calling to Leia at Bespin
Return of the Jedi: Vader's funeral pyre
The Last Emperor: Pu Yi's confession to his interrogators
Gangs of New York: the beginning battle in the street
Fist of Legend: Chen Zhen goes to his master's funeral
Gladiator: fighting Tigris of Gaul
The Yakuza: Kilmer offers his finger to Tanaka
Conan: infiltrating the mountain and the battle with the snake
The Last Emperor: Algren's fight with the assassins in the street
Aliens: Ripley getting ready to rescue Newt
The Tattooed Life: the sword battle at the end
Terminator: the dream about the infiltrator in the base
Blade Runner: Deckard and Batty's showdown at the end
Rambo 3: Rambo and Trautman take on all the Soviets at the end
Last Man Standing: Smith takes out all the badguys
Seven Samurai: battle in the rain
The Abyss: Coffee goes over the edge of the Abyss
Bloodsport: Duxs' flashback to meeting Tanaka
Return of the King: being stalked by the spider
Kill Bill: the showdown between The Bride and Go-Go
Predator: Dutch and Predator getting ready for the showdown
The Departed: the rooftop and elevator shootout
Karate Kid 2: Daniel-san and Chozen's fight
Braveheart: Robert the Bruces' charge at the end
Raiders of the Lost Ark: God gets pissed at the Nazis
Temple of Doom: Indiana and Shorty take out the Thugee
Pulp Fiction: the pawn shop from hell
Empire of the Sun: Jim sings to the enemy pilots
Batman Begins: ending dialogue between Batman and Gordon
Alien 3: Newt convinces the convicts to fight the Alien
Titanic: the party with the undesireables below deck
Shogun's Ninja: Takamaru takes out the evil brothers
Poltergeist: the clown, the pool, and the long hallway
Tears of the Sun: getting the refugees out
A History of Violence: Fogarty gets taken out at the farm
Independence Day: the aliens blast all the cities
The Two Towers: the Ents attack Isengard
Rocky 4: the "no easy way out" montage
Saving Private Ryan: Ryan earns Reiben's respect at the end
Terminator 2: the future battle intro
Excaliber: Arthur leads the knights one last time
Matrix Reloaded: the road battle
Last of the Mohicans: Munroe's daughter jumps off the cliff

it goes on and on...

I like the part in troy where he takes down the massive dood one-on-one so easily with a stab in the neck and just walks off hahaha awesome.

I dunno but I cried when Daphney (sp?) FINALLY got her father-daughter dance in "What A Girl Wants" (Awesomely wicked movie)

**** there are so many! *spoilers*

No Country For Old Men.
Tommy Lee Jones final speech during the last scene gives me chills every time i watch it.

Blade Runner.
The Ending. The "Tears In The Rain" speech and origami Unicorn on the floor, great ending.

Leon (The Professional)
The Ending where Leon gets shot but from his perspective and then him giving Stansfield the pin of the grenade and saying "This is from Mathilda."

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The scene where the guy walks into the house and Leatherface opens the door at the end of the hallway really fast and smashes the guys head in with the hammer haunted me for days.

Sunshine
The scene where the captain and Capa are out in space and the captain cant get inside before the firewall thing. That scene is just breath taking.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well, tonight has been kind of slow so I decided to write this topic

What are some scenes that you have never forgotten?

Some of mine: will edit later
  • WARNING: "The Patriot" spoilers below
    Bill Cumming suicide
  • Also, the son of Benjamin Martin getting shot in The Patriot
  • When William DeFoe becomes the Green Goblin and his body starts shaking then they zoom in on his eyes and they open, sends chills down my spine! in Spider-Man
  • Them shooting Old Yeller in Old Yeller
  • How the Lord of the Rings sould have ended in Clerks II
  • The End of The Usual Suspects
  • The end of Mon meilleur ami

I don't need a bigger boat.
Richard Dreyfuss' death scene in "Always".

Christopher Walkin delivering the "watch" story in Pulp Fiction.

Christopher Walkin and Dennis Hopper in the "Sicilian genetics" scene in True Romance. (if they gave an Oscar for 5 minutes on screen they both would have won)

William Hurt in A History of Violence.