The Best Action Movie of all Time?

Tools    

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
For me its a tie between Die Hard & Predator.

id just like to say road warrior was a horable movie possibly the worst mel gibsons performance lacked everything, best action movie would have to be camando with arnold or rambo 1tru3

Eating you Since 1984
Originally Posted by OG-
- Best Comedy: (something I can watch over and over and still laugh at) Dumb and Dumber
- Best Adventure: Indiana Jones
- Best Sci-Fi: Terminator 2:Judgement Day
- Best Sci-Fi Horror: Aliens
- Best Drama: Forrest Gump
- Best Action: Diehard
- Best B Movie: They Nest
- Best Fighting Movie: Jet Li's Fist of Legend
- Best Shoot-em-up: Starship Troopers
- Best All around cool movie: Blade or T2 or the above
- Best Suspense: Ravenous
- Best Thriller: The Silence of the Lambs
- Best Scary Movie: House on Haunted Hill

Nice breakdown. I'll just agree here because two of the movies I listed are in your list.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by A0C8C
Matrix and Star Wars movies should stay out of Action. Star Wars is Sci Fi, Matrix is complete trash. Sorry, I just hate the Matrix crap.

T2 has got to be the best Action movie. It helped set the stabdard for most Action movies today.

Best adventurous action movies are the LOTR movies though.
Yes, Star Wars is Science Fantasy, so says pretty much the world. Bradbury, Clarke, pretty much everyone else...Science Fiction has to be at least somewhat probable, and Star Wars just isn't. Contact and 12 Monkeys are Sci-Fi, Star Wars is Fantasy Space Opera. Just to clarify.

The Matrix maybe somewhat trashy, but it does have some merit, if not just technical. I like the Matrix stuff, I don't think it's the best thing to happen to film like some seem to, but it's fun and thought provoking.

T2: Best action of all time? even with the crackling-voiced kid screwing up scenes left and right? I must agree that it has some pretty sick scenes, but the Edward Furlong knocks it down off the "best ever" pedestal for me. Not that I would put it there anyway, over stuff like Raiders of the Lost Ark and Aliens.

Also, The LotR films are action? None of the characters come across as action heroes really. I would place it smack dab in the middle of the fantasy genre, it may actually just define the fantasy genre for some time to come. A tad too much of a stretch to put it in the action catagory, I think.

For me it's a tough call between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Aliens, but I think it's Raiders.....

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre ~ 1948

- Best Comedy: Snatch
- Best Adventure: The Fifth Element
- Best Sci-Fi: The Abyss
- Best Sci-Fi Horror: Videodrome
- Best Drama: SLC Punk
- Best Action: Sin City
- Best B Movie: Zombie 2
- Best Fighting Movie: (i wish fight club counted) idk
- Best Shoot-em-up: Starship Troopers
- Best All around cool movie: Appleseed
- Best Suspense: Memento
- Best Thriller: Dawn of the Dead Remake
- Best Scary Movie: The Thing

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)