Is Leonardo DiCaprio the best actor in the world RIGHT NOW?

Tools    

You need to fix this immediately.

I can at least guarantee that you won't be bored watching it, so it certainly wouldn't be a waste of your time. You might even like it.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I like him in Inception too, and all the films Miss Vicky has listed that I have seen, don't think I have ever disliked a performance from him. Gangs of New York might be a weaker one but I think it's more his accent/character than him.

I like him in Inception too, and all the films Miss Vicky has listed that I have seen, don't think I have ever disliked a performance from him. Gangs of New York might be a weaker one but I think it's more his accent/character than him.
The accent was not good in Gangs, but also, he was up against Daniel Day Lewis, a hard guy to upstage, doing one his patented unforgettable roles.

No, a lot of better actors there...

I don't think so, Tim. I couldn't tell you the name of a lot of great characters in a lot of great movies, that means absolutely nothing. This doesn't mean they didn't immerse themselves enough, but rather, it wasn't marketed or framed in such a way that the name was deemed necessary. There are some movies like Drive, where the name is ignored entirely, but it was still a great character. (Also, when I think Al Pacino, I too think Scarface, but I feel like more might think Godfather.)
Yes,it's not the most important thing but it's still something.I don't know,it may be the matter of taste,I can't prove that he is not that good as well as you can't prove me that he is the best.
I still think that he overshadows his characters.Don't get me wrong,he's not a bad actor but I wouldn't put him in the same shelf with Deniro and others.I think he has yet to have his best performance.