Movie Tab

Tools    

Ocean's 11

Watched it from a purely technical standpoint. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Perfectly shot (Sodebergh did it himself again), perfect style, pace, timing, cast (with the exception of Roberts, although it would have been hard to cast Tess period. Such a boring character.)

My only cry of dismay is that final sequence "Three to six months Later". It oesn't need to be there and shouldn't. It undoes the perfectly executed finality of the fountain scene. I really don't know what Stevie was doing with that final sequence. It was excess baggage, fat.

Apart from that, great film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Does the T.V. movie, Red Rose, count as a movie? I mean, it's a movie...and...I'm watching it...it's stupid...and not very scary, but I'm waiting until Thursday (the finale) to commit to an answer. Anyhoo...I'm tabbing it...Red Rose.
I think you mean Rose Red.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by jrs1013
Not scary?????? Gives me the creeps! Sure ya watchin the same Red Rose????
Oh yeah, it is Rose Red. Oops...I had it backwards...didn't notice it until spud's post, and then this one. Anyhoo...
I don't think it's very scary. It has it's moments, but c'mon...this is T.V. There's a little thing called censorship. I'd love to see what King would do to this story if there were no limitations. I don't know, it feels like a watered down version of that one with Catherine Zeta Jones...

What, The Haunted with Liam Neeson and Owen Wilson, too? I didn't like that flick. Had it's moments...but not many of them. The House on Haunted Hill was more tongue-in-cheek, I think, and much scarier.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
What, The Haunted with Liam Neeson and Owen Wilson, too? I didn't like that flick. Had it's moments...but not many of them. The House on Haunted Hill was more tongue-in-cheek, I think, and much scarier.
Uh-huh. I agree. The Haunting was too tame. That's what this Rose Red, reminds me of...it's like you think something really scary is going to happen...and nothing does.
The House on Haunted Hill, was disturbing. I've said it before...I hate those sped up images...freaks me out.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by TWTCommish
I have to correct you people on titles today. It's The HAUNTING.

National Lampoon's Vacation

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah, Ha-Ha...I got T first! Spud's too busy trying to be a know-it-all, that he failed to see the real genius already got the right answer.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Saw Brotherhood of the Wolf two days ago. Abso-freaking-loutely loved it. Saw it again that night, and CANNOT wait to see it again on Friday. One of my new favorites, why cannot America make movies like this?

I'm watching a film with Susan Sarandon in it.
Earthly Possessions.

Suprisingly good.

The Girl Next Door

I think this may have been a really bad movie but I was still entertained. What can I say, I'm easy...

Now With Moveable Parts
The Usual Suspects
American Beauty

* I was in a Kevin-kind-of-mood.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Miller's Crossing.

Wag the Dog
"Three of the horsemen died!"

and.....

Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!