Life Changing Movies

Tools    

In that case, I totally misunderstood! I though you weren't happy with being forced.
Thats ok, it is just one of those things that happen to us as children, it was always the family joke, as usually children won't eat veggies, I would eat mine, then my brothers and my sisters

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
LOL!

I can see how that could become a family joke.

My girl didn't like any kid foods where she was younger. You could not feed her pizza, hamburger or hot dog. It was a bit of a concern at birthday parties she went to because the hostess would freak.

Kids are interesting that way. You just never know what they'll come up with.

I find when I stock up on some favorite of theirs that is when they suddenly stop wanting it.

*chuckles*

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
^^^i was one of those kids, i wouldnt eat pizza, ive never had a burger even now! all you can do is introduce kids to food, i was stubborn and once i made up my mind no one could change it and im still the same.

Anway a film that changed my life is You've Got Mail. Now hear me out before i get a barrage of messages tellin me im crazy, dont waste your time, im well aware!

This was the first film i remember seeing and just being really touched by it. It's such an adorable story and its easy to fall in love with. For me personally its about love and books and it really uses the locations of the city its set in. Everything about it is for lack of a better word, accurate. The sets are perfect - The Shop Around The Corner bookstore is the perfect book store its just so cute.

I love everything about this movie but it changed my life because i realised that the way this movie is made and the way it made me feel is the way i want to make films if i ever get the chance. I never thought it would be, in my art and photography my tone is pretty dark and gothic and as surreal as i can get. I never though a movie like youve got mail was artistic but the more ive watched it i can see every little choice and decision made was for a reason, the score is perfect etc.

There isn't such a life changing movie as long as I can remember at the moment.
But I was a bit shocked to see how life was closely observed by some of the characters in some films.
American Beauty---Jane's boyfriend showing the video of the dancing bag.
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain----the interesting introduction of Amelie's families and people around her.
If those had any influence on me,they make me realize there are always a lot to tell about a person,no matter how ordinary he or she seems to be.

Braveheart did have an impact on my perception of life.

The Secret although it may not count as a movie to most people but it changed my life big time...

List of MY life-changing movies (alphabetical order):

2001 - A Space Odyssey
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
3000 Miles to Graceland
8 Mile
8mm
Alien
Alien vs Predator
American Beauty
American Graffiti
Apocalypse Now
Braveheart
Cast Away
Conan The Barbarian
Cool World
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Edward Scissorhands
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Forrest Gump
Gladiator
Good Will Hunting
Indiana Jones movies
Mad Max
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Meet Joe Black
Once Upon a Time in America
Patch Adams
Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 and 3
Predator
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Lawnmower Man
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Mexican
The Usual Suspects
Thelma & Louise
Trainspotting
Tron
Vanilla Sky

All these movies contributed to mold my personality in some way.
Some made me think about life, universe and mankind. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, some made me ready for action. All of them gave me answers and ways to understand the world.

Probably "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" was the most influent to me in the real life, but certainly all of them had a big influence on my personality.

"A Raisin In The Sun" (the original, not the P-Diddy television version) impacted me deeply as a black man.

"October Sky" should be seen by every school-aged child.

Finally, "Platoon" and "Apocalypse Now" were probably the two scariest movies for me to sit in the theater and experience.

Forest Gump and Half Baked

Good Will Hunting
Dead Poet's Society
Pursuit of Happiness

Pulp Fiction!
Made me go from wanting to be a cryptozoologist to wanting to be a filmmaker

Two movies that I found....
Not quite lifechanging but they made me think....
Alot.
They're both Linklater fillms....
subUrbia and Waking Life.

I would have to say any movie about the holocaust. It just gives me shivers as I type it. it changed my life because when any of my friends say no be a jew i would give them a long lecture.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Spiderman as It made me want to swing about the place.

Do they speak english in 'What'!?
Se7en made me more cautious upon how I act.
And Requiem for a Dream and Trainspotting for obvious reasons..

You want a life changing movie?

How about "Into The Wild" (MUST SEE)
or "ZeitGeist" (MUST SEE) You can watch this on Youtube
Or "Network" You can watch this on Youtube for free as well...
The others you have mentioned are good too!
I see why some of you chose Fight Club, it touches on the basics of Human instincts, and an awareness of the current world we live in. If you EnJOYED FIGHTCLUB, You will GET AND ENJOY INTO THE WILD...
(How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?) Great line...

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
American Beauty-the single most influential film in my life and how I percieve the world. If you want to know my philosophy about life, watch that film.
Garden State-another one that got to me, Zach Braff breaking out of being comfortably numb on meds into the real world
Pan's Labyrinth-absolutely beautiful film, shows the vast power of imagination
Also Crash and Requim for a Dream are movies that I've watched recently and are setting in more and more with time.

You know, I've never really thought about it before but film has not really had a very powerful effect on my outlook. I am afraid that I must mostly credit the ideas garnered from the books books I read, the people who I have met, and the things that have happened to me in life with such importance.

Terry Gilliam's Brazil and Fritz Lang's Metropolis have had some effect on my aesthetics, but that is really as close as anything has come to "lifechanging," and that's not close at all.

The movie Dr. Zhivago from 1965 changed my life . It made me want
to become a poet . Which I am today .

Greenwolfe 1962