50's HoF

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have only seen four of these, Smiles of a Summer Night, Ikiru, Rashomon and High Noon.

I like High Noon a lot, despite not being a fan of Westerns in general. I like Grace Kelly and I think it had a simple but tight structure which is really effective. Ikiru I watched recently and I think it is ultimately an extremely moving film.

Quite a lot of the others are on my watchlist, so if I get round to watching them I may join in the discussion.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Seen six of these, one just last week. Looking forward to a bunch of these. Some really good stuff.Two Wilder films, very nice.

Seen six of these, one just last week. Looking forward to a bunch of these. Some really good stuff.Two Wilder films, very nice.
Wasn't it La Strada you just saw?

I've already seen 8 of the movies that were nominated, but I'm kind of disappointed that there are so many foreign films in this HoF.
Which ones haven't you seen?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Which ones haven't you seen?

I haven't seen:

Caged! (John Cromwell, 1950)
Ikiru (Akira Kurosawa, 1952)
La Strada (Federico Fellini, 1954)
Twenty-Four Eyes (Keisuke Kinoshita, 1954)
Smiles of a Summer Night (Ingmar Bergman, 1955)

Trouble with a capital "T"
I know that Mark F seen it. I already checked the Movie Tab thread and he seemed to like it. I know Matt watched it as I recommended to him. But anyone else in this Hof seen it? I actually hope not as I was trying to find a hidden gem for you guys.

At one point I considered nominating The Seven Samurai, but I prefer not to nominate something so long.
My second or third fave Kurosawa. Surprised that wasn't nominated actually.