Disney buys LucasFilm, Star Wars Episode 7 slated for 2015

Tools    

Just another movie Guru
with JJ directing Star Wars AND Star Trek; I've got a feeling that they're both going to look pretty simmilar. You can always tell an Abrams film because they have the same high polished glossy look (film 2.0 anyone?) Putting that same spin on two projects that are both dealing with similar SPACE TRAVEL EXPLORATION AND OTHER WORLD similarities, you can be sure they'll have the same feel.

While fanboys will cry out in vein, people who don't know Chewbacca isn't a Klingon won't really care.

George Lucas has pretty much ruined Star Wars for me. Sorry if that hurts your feelins, Georgy-boy.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
After reading the above I am conviced that Lucas has surrounded himself with a load of "yes" men.

Like some bad medieval king who only wants suck ups for company and not thinkers that will tell him what he needs to hear;

"Great idea George, this Jar-Jar character will really bring some humour to the story".

"I think tinkering with ROTJ and putting Hayden Christensen's ghost in at the end next to Obi Wan and Yoda really ties things up nicely George".

"You are such a great writer George, who else could go from rough draft straight to script without any help from proper writers".

"This Yoda puppet looks great".

etc,etc,etc.

So will Abrams be leaving Star Trek after this one? I think he will do a good job with Star Wars but it's a little weird having the same guy doing both. In fact if he makes a better film than "Star Trek 2009" I would be thrilled.

Doesn't it seem a little silly to make another Star Wars flick? Seriously. Maybe that Lucas cat is on drugs.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They will make these films into a series like James Bond. They will go on forever.
Would be fine by me if they were all of high quality.

I mean not every story would have to be Jedi vs Sith/Rebellion vs Empire. There is huge scope for a "Rogue Squadron"(Special X Wing squad) series, or a bounty hunter film or 2.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/robert...-wars-spin-off

Robert Rodriguez has expressed interest in taking on a side tory for the new Star Wars...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/kathle...rs-appointment

Kathleen Kennedy has also been talking about JJ Abrams as the director of Ep VII.

Ha!!

Just done some snooping around...

Disney buys LucasFilm... apparently that means they own ILM, Skywalker Sound, LucasFilm Animation... and...

... the Indiana Jones Franchise... which includes the TV series and series of video games as well.

Could we be in for more Indy?... Labyrinth 2, American Graffiti 3, or even Willow 2?

Howard The Duck 2 would be a right barrel of laughs...

I don't know if I'm going to be happy with number 7. They might cock the whole thing up. I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

That would be Awesome!!!
Can't wait!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Not sure if this is news to anybody....

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.
^^ From IMDB.com

I can see where this is going.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."