Saw 3

Tools    

Originally Posted by Escape
WARNING: "Saw 3" spoilers below
I thought it was a perfect set up for a 4th though. That guy still has to find his little girl, and you can bet Jigsaw preplanned another game for him if just a situation should arise. He even said "I want to play a game" in the tape recorder he played just as he was dying remember. I mean maybe the real Jigsaw is no more but I can still see a 4th from what was left to us.
Exactly my thoughts after leaving the theater. Knowing those films (Saw) anything is possible.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Going to see this tomorrow AGAIN!!!

This film had it's best opening weekend run at the box office taking in 34.3 million dollars. Maybe it's core fan base is growing. I dunno.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I am sure we will see a part 4 next Halloween.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
I thought it was a perfect set up for a 4th though. That guy still has to find his little girl, and you can bet Jigsaw preplanned another game for him if just a situation should arise. He even said "I want to play a game" in the tape recorder he played just as he was dying remember. I mean maybe the real Jigsaw is no more but I can still see a 4th from what was left to us.
see, I thought of that at first, but I came to a conclusion to "no". I mean, jiggy's dead. Yes there will be tape recordings that he made before he died, but where the hell are the traps gonna be?? The gore? He can't try to save people again, already been done. There can't be another apprentice, already been done. The plot would be terrible, and since Lionsgate is making millions off this franchise, I feel they won't stop with this wonderful trilogy.

Lionsgate Planning Saw IV for Halloween '07

Originally Posted by ComingSoon.net
With Saw III making $34.3 million in its first three days, a record for Lionsgate, the studio is already planning a fourth installment for the same time next year. The Associated Press reports:

Since the low-budget "Saw" debuted with $18.3 million over the same weekend two years ago, Lionsgate has turned the franchise into an annual ritual with quickly produced sequels each Halloween.

The movies follow the diabolical schemes of psycho killer Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), who stages elaborate, bloody games to test the moral fiber of his victims. Lionsgate plans to have "Saw IV" in theaters over Halloween weekend next year.

My life isn't written very well.
Another so-so franchise is destined to go straight-to-video !

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
see, I thought of that at first, but I came to a conclusion to "no". I mean, jiggy's dead. Yes there will be tape recordings that he made before he died, but where the hell are the traps gonna be?? The gore? He can't try to save people again, already been done. There can't be another apprentice, already been done. The plot would be terrible, and since Lionsgate is making millions off this franchise, I feel they won't stop with this wonderful trilogy.
WARNING: "Saw3" spoilers below
No I mean he already has the traps set and rigged along the pathway to where he put the guy's little daughter.

No I mean he already has the traps set and rigged along the pathway to where he put the guy's little daughter.
so you're saying you think that Jeff will be put into traps of his own? like he'll fall into different traps that he'll have to get out of? the story might work, but still, where's the gore gonna be?? and still, doesn't seem to still make a lengthy movie. there'll have to be flashbacks (again) to make up for time....

Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
so you're saying you think that Jeff will be put into traps of his own? like he'll fall into different traps that he'll have to get out of? the story might work, but still, where's the gore gonna be?? and still, doesn't seem to still make a lengthy movie. there'll have to be flashbacks (again) to make up for time....
Yeah, I think the traps are already waiting there for him. But your right, for a movie, your either gonna need the flashbacks or more yummy victims lol.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by m0dern_pr0phet
If there was a Saw 4-6 I wouldn't dare see them. Having the true creators say all they want is 1-3 means that any others would be disastrously unoriginal and overkill with average plots.
Just like the first 3?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Just like the first 3?
I beg to differ, sedai. the first Saw to me was VERY original. yes, people compared it to Se7en, but what movie isn't compared to another? there were so many aspects of that movie that made it original. around that time, horror and japanese remakes were going, nothing original. we needed Saw in that case!

now, the second movie couldn't have been an original idea because it's a sequel to an original (confusing?). but they opened a story line, and expanded the idea, which turned out to be perfectly fine to me.

same thing goes for the third, though I loved it much more than the second.