The Cinematic Confessional

Tools    

Originally Posted by Othelo
I love Steven Segal

I am having a nervous breakdance
I think Titanic is excellent entertainment.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I've been known to laugh like a drain at certain Carry On.. movies...

Ohhhhhh?
Kenneth Williams is a legend! Nothing wrong with liking him.

'Oooh Matron!'

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I think Titanic is excellent entertainment.
I love Titanic. I don't even mind the love story part that much.

Originally Posted by OG-
I have passes to an advanced screening of House of Wax this upcoming Monday and I think I'm actually going to go.
I have passes to a screening of House of Wax in two weeks and I actually wouldn't go even if they PAID me.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I have passes to a screening of House of Wax in two weeks and I actually wouldn't go even if they PAID me.
Agreed.

After raking both TCM and all the hip aisan horror fils over the coals I have permenently banned myself from any Horror remake, especially a fun film like Price's "House."

I have to say though I did like what they did with Dawn of the Dead, but I like Ving Rames, Mekhi Phifer and Matt Frewer so even if the GORGEOUS Sarah Polley wasnt in it I'd still have watched.

In the Beginning...
I Loved Starship Troopers.
Nothing to be ashamed of there. It's a great film.

Father/son storylines ALWAYS hit me....right here.
Did you ever see Road to Perdition? If not, go rent it right now. Hell, go buy it right now. You won't be disappointed.

I love Steven Segal
You'd get along great with my father.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Nothing to be ashamed of there. It's a great film.
I agree, but the book to film purists cant seem to see it for what it is.

Did you ever see Road to Perdition? If not, go rent it right now. Hell, go buy it right now. You won't be disappointed.
Will do

You'd get along great with my father.
LOL It's one of the few things my mother in law and I agree upon. Imagine that, Segal a peace keeper

In the Beginning...
I agree, but the book to film purists cant seem to see it for what it is.
Ugh, tell me about it. I've been meaning to read the book anyway. Not that it'll change my mind, since I've already seen the film - but at least I'd have some idea of where they're coming from. Admittedly, the film has problems. But it does quite a few things right, including character development (particularly Dina Meyer's character), scale and setting (just look at the production value), and some great cinematography. It's just a really fun sci-fi film.

LOL It's one of the few things my mother in law and I agree upon. Imagine that, Segal a peace keeper
It's funny, the disagreements my father and I have about films always seem to bring us closer together. But not so much that I'll start enjoying Biker Boyz, Final Destination 2, Half Past Dead, or whatever crap movie he's praising at the time.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Oh, believe you me I hate myself for it. I've ranted and raved against this movie with much hatred. I'm boycotting it at the box office and getting everyone I know to do so as well. However, this provides me an avenue to see just how much it blows without actually supporting it financially. Plus I just like seeing movies early. Makes me feel pretty.

Put me in your pocket...
Wait...is House of Wax the one with Paris Hilton in it?

Originally Posted by Aniko
Wait...is House of Wax the one with Paris Hilton in it?
Yes, yes it is. And I die a little more inside.

Put me in your pocket...

I have a shameful admission too...I like Vin Diesel's voice and I didn't mind sitting through The Pacifer with the kids....I like his torso.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by OG-
Oh, believe you me I hate myself for it. I've ranted and raved against this movie with much hatred. I'm boycotting it at the box office and getting everyone I know to do so as well. However, this provides me an avenue to see just how much it blows without actually supporting it financially. Plus I just like seeing movies early. Makes me feel pretty.
Let me know how thick your tear level will be compared from this one to the Seed Of Chucky experience.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Let me know how thick your tear level will be compared from this one to the Seed Of Chucky experience.
Oh, you can certainly expect a heartfelt review, but even if it is a worse movie, which topping Seed of Chucky at this point would be an accomplishment akin to a quadriplegic climbing Mount Everest, the sting won't be so bad because it's free.

Paris Hilton in House of Wax:

(Paris is looking around the House of Wax. She points at several wax figures.)

PARIS: That's hot... that's hot... that's hot.... that's hot.... that's hot....

(Hot wax pours all over Paris, killing her.)

PARIS: OWW!!! That's really hottttttttttttttt.....

film making extraordinaire
I enjoyed blue crush the first time I saw it, but my sponsor came over and we sat down and talked until that feeling went away.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Paris Hilton in House of Wax:

(Paris is looking around the House of Wax. She points at several wax figures.)

PARIS: That's hot... that's hot... that's hot.... that's hot.... that's hot....

(Hot wax pours all over Paris, killing her.)

PARIS: OWW!!! That's really hottttttttttttttt.....
That is something I would love to see

I think I would be a very short film though, after all how can you trap the vaccuous in a solid....hmmm interesting.

Originally Posted by MysticalMoose
I enjoyed blue crush the first time I saw it, but my sponsor came over and we sat down and talked until that feeling went away.
LOL I feel the same way about "Head of State," my rational side says "what a peice of crap," while my silly side laughs hysterically at all the old white ladies singing "Hot in Heeere."

No matter how many pots of coffee and cigarettes I have I still end up falling off the wagon.