Evil Dead Remake?!

Tools    

Shameless self promotion
Yeah true. He must be really feeling the pressure with htis one though. What a project! Anybody see the musical btw? I hate musicals but it did sound like a novel idea.

And this is my BOOMstick!
The only thing that worries me right now is who'll play Ash.

Shameless self promotion

No one can play him but Bruce in my eyes.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
The only thing that worries me right now is who'll play Ash.
i assumed it'd be bruce again, there is really no one else who can fill his shoes

The only thing about Bruce playing him again is that Ash has always been a physical character and I don't think that Bruce has it in him anymore, although I may be wrong.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Bruce will always and forever be Ash, but he isn't going to play him in the remake. They'll deffinetely go for some one younger.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Bruce could do it again, I mean look at Harrison (it sounds weird without the last name eh?), he's still willing and going to star in Indiana Jones 4 even though he's old.

I'm sure Bruce is more than willing, but every indication thus far says he won't star in it and at best would have only a cameo.

If they remake this, im glad Raimi wont direct, he was a no-one when Evil Dead was first made, i think its a great opportunity for a good new director to show his talent.
And the 1st Evil Dead was all about horror, opposed to other 2 which had a larger comedy element hence need to be physical, so i think Bruce could pull it off

Shameless self promotion
I heard that maybe Ashton Kutcher was to play Ash

That'll never happen. Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert are still producers, regardless if everyone think they're sellouts they are still going to make sure they do what is neccessary to make it a good flick and that deffinetely isn't what will work best...

Someone Save Us College Kids
Ashton Kutcher Sean, William Scott blow balls compared to Bruce Cambell. Whate are they thinking

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
What are they thinking?
are they thinking at all?

I'm looking forward to a remake. I'm not supportive enough to hypothetically have been one of the people to suggest a remake of The Evil Dead but you gotta admit, it's definitely the weakest of the trilogy and could be done so much better.
I'm not one to tamper with classics but the first Evil Dead just isn't that good only comparing it to an imagined perfect version of the movie. I will never support remaking the other two, naturally but even Ash wasn't Ash in that movie. He was really young and he didn't really have his character down. Not to mention there are some parts that don't make any sense and are unsympathetic and and unsentimentally cheesey. When it comes to an independent hardcore horror film, Evil Dead is one of the greats but there is so much you could improve upon. And if Raimi's doing it, I say let him. Campbell's involved too so it can't be that bad. By the way, I did see some shots of the actor people claim will be playing Ash and I have to say to my surprise, he looks just like Bruce. So, I think of this movie as replacing the first one to make it an even more solid trilogy. I just hope they keep it as a horror film and don't make it a comedy like the last two. Not that there was anything wrong with that or it ruined the movies but lets please not turn this into another Return of The Living Dead franchise.
As for Bruce Campbell playing Ash, Wake Up People!! Bruce Campbell is just way too old to play the part of a college student! And if he did play the part, the last two wouldn't make any sense. I say let him do it if he wants to and we'll be the judge on it. Believe me, if it stinks, he'll know about it.