The MoFo Top 100 of the Eighties

→ in
Tools    

It's not bad. It's been awhile since I've seen it, though. I've sat through longer. I watched the 5 hour version of Das Boot. Took me days, though.

I'll just assume all the omissions from honey's list are intentional ...or not.
Yeh, I think he said when he sent it to be he tried to exclude the titles people already know / are available on a lot of lists already. But I'm sure he probably left a few of through his own choice that people would disagree with

And fair enough Sexy, good effort

Let the night air cool you off
Das Boot is the one I'm most surprised Sexy liked. With it being very long and in a language I assume he doesn't understand. Great film though.

Also, let's break out the '80s music:

And I'll be requiring an '80s avatar momentarily because I'm getting tired of this dusty Adolf Hitler thing.

Das Boot is the one I'm most surprised Sexy liked. With it being very long and in a language I assume he doesn't understand. Great film though.
I didn't say I liked it. I said I watched it. It was okay, but it was like watching an animated screensaver of a boat in the ocean for 5 hours.

"Let's Dance" isn't one of my faves, but it's okay. The other songs you put up are better.

I'll just assume all the omissions from honey's list are intentional ...or not.
Yes, I tried to leave out all the big award winners and the films that people always remember (Blade Runner, Aliens, Back To The Future, etc) as well as the nostalgic/childhood favs (Neverending Story, Return Of The Jedi, The Princess Bride.) Though I just had to include some, such as Gremlins just on the off chance that someone would miss it.

Of course, there's still a few HK favs in there that I couldn't let go of. Wisdom, Cannonball Run or Class of 1984, but I also threw films in which I don't like, but are worth someone elses time, IMO.

(The boy on the ride in this video is Alexis Arquette, the transsexual)

I think this calls for... an 80s song tournament
Great idea!

And JiraffeJustin, you surprised me. I was expecting '80s Roy Orbison songs from you.

Great idea!

And JiraffeJustin, you surprised me. I was expecting '80s Roy Orbison songs from you.
I think there's not many rounds left in the current tournament, so setting up an 80s one could work pretty well, whether its instead of or alongside another one we do

Can I run the '80s tournament? It could be a side tournament alongside the other tournament, if you want.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
I'm repping that entire post for the inclusion of "Africa", Sexy

I'm gonna save some more of my "suspect and cheesy" 80's songs for the planned tournament

Reviews

Four pages already? So what's the official ruling on the Dekalog? I can reference places that have it listed as a film if needed, and if it won't be considered I'll just throw my vote behind A Short Film About Killing.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."