The 2014 NFL Playoffs Thread

Tools    

The NFL sucks and needs to get their crap together.
Good luck with that. Record ratings and record revenues won't lead to too much change.

Something I noticed and may have missed. Why with all this hoopla about concussions and whatnot, did nobody throw a flag on Chancellor's helmet to helmet hit on Edelman? I feel like I'm missing something.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

Can't get that link to work Mike. I hadn't heard that anything definitive was coming out today though so fill me in. Anywho. I gotta hand it to Pete. He's still sticking to his guns and it might just work. Most of the guys from the team are still saying the right things. I'm down for a rematch next year. And next year hopefully there won't be three of the Legion that will playing the game when they should be having surgery. Sheesh. I know Earl Thomas is tough, but damn dude. You're crazy tough.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Can't get that link to work Mike.
Hit the link again and type "hurley deflategate" in the upper right search box. The first hit will bring you to the article. Or just hit this and it's the first hit.

A system of cells interlinked
The article got pulled. It was kind of a satire piece, where he turned the tables on a couple of Indy writers by taking their quotes and turning them around on Indy, accusing them of deflating the ONE ball that was apparently 2 PSI under, which was of course the ball Indy had their hands on due to the interception.

The whole angle of the first half of the article was "If they will call for Bill to be fired without evidence, I will call for them to be fired without evidence."

The whole "the league has nothing" stems from the fact that Kraft hit the podium and demanded an apology from Goodell. The writer took that as an indicator that the league can't have much and, coupled with the fact that the ball pressures weren't actually ever tested (you knew that bit, right?), that no one had any info with which to create accusations, so they just came out of thin air to create talking points and distractions for two weeks, which was exactly what happened if in fact there isn;t any official record of ball pressures taken at any time.

So now it's looking like only one ball came under fire - the one that passed through Indy's hands and was THEN checked. Is there concrete evidence that this happened? Of course not, which was the writer's point in the first place.

Oh is that right? I thought a few league sources reported that the balls were checked. Ah well... just not sure some really damaging thing is going to happen that will get Belechick fired for this. I hope he stays there forever. But who knows, maybe the report comes out and its too damning to keep him around.

Former San Fancisco 49er Charles Haley said that, despite no evidence of wrongdoing, Tom Brady's championships are "tainted". If anyone knows anything about Charles Haley, then they know that he's not exactly known for his words of wisdom.

Former 49er great Jerry Rice was also critical of the Patriots. Rice also admitted to using stickum, which is against the rules. Ok, Jerry.

In case anyone forgot, the 49ers got in trouble for violating the rules regarding the NFL salary cap, allowing them to have players on their roster that they shouldn't have had.

Some of these guys just shouldn't talk.