How About A God Movie That Makes Sense?

Tools    

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
all scripture is God breathed."
I would say God-inspired, but written by fallible man...whose mind interpreted their spirit's interaction with the Spirit of God according to their conditioning in that time period. There will always be subsequent messengers as long as mankind exists. A messenger’s spirit’s interaction with God in our present time period, if that person’s mind has voided all superstitions, would interpret the “Will of God” somewhat different than what is written in the Bible...I did.

One must question if the goal of prior messengers was accomplished…& establish therefrom that all religions are basically correct. Prophets of past who claimed having a personal contact with God had been inspired by the spiritual existence, thereby interpreting this ecstasy to the best of their ability and applying this wisdom to a time and date when kings, dictators and tribal leaders ruled the masses. Therefore God was considered a king, ruler, dictator.

------
Getting back to the subject of fim-making....how does one go about finding a Michael Moore wanna-be?...and how do to improve my reputation on this site?...it says I'm not respected...that hurts.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by kkawohl
I would say God-inspired, but written by fallible man...whose mind interpreted their spirit's interaction with the Spirit of God according to their conditioning in that time period. There will always be subsequent messengers as long as mankind exists. A messenger’s spirit’s interaction with God in our present time period, if that person’s mind has voided all superstitions, would interpret the “Will of God” somewhat different than what is written in the Bible...I did.
There's no way that the Bible wasn't exactly the way God wanted it. If you set a man down in front of some paper and a pen and you told him to write the world's answer to salvation, there's no way he'd come up with," Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." he also wouldn't write that, "...all have fallen short of the Glory of God." Man is used to thinking he can "earn" his way into heaven and the Bible directly tells us, no.

Getting back to the subject of fim-making....how does one go about finding a Mchael Moore wanna-be?
Go to film school.

There's no way that the Bible wasn't exactly the way God wanted it
So be it...if you prefer.

God tells Moses that ANY work done on the Sabbath is punishable by death.
Exodus 31:14 Ye shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Numbers 15:32
15:35 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the Sabbath day. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

Shall I name numerous more instances of irrationality?

Times have changed & our minds and spirit needs to adapt to these changes.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
if you look closer, being carried out by those elements who are not following the core tenets of the religion they claim to follow. Peace is a basic tenet of every religion, and allowing people to embrace that for themselves is going to be the beginning of peace.
This was the generalisation I was talking about in my post, can't you see Kurt that it is small factions who are not following the imperative dotrines of their religions who are causing all the harm. It is not the religions themselves.

What's the one thing people will fight for....freedom of course. To unify all religions will take away that freedom of religion. I think more wars and more struggle will all that will be found by taking this path of unification. Even the claim that religious groups have got their religion's incorrectly based will be frowned upon and fought against. People die for their religions and you think these people can be swayed without a fight? It's simply not that easy and would be impossible in my opinion to achieve this unification.

So be it...if you prefer.

God tells Moses that ANY work done on the Sabbath is punishable by death.
Exodus 31:14 Ye shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Numbers 15:32
15:35 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the Sabbath day. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

Shall I name numerous more instances of irrationality?

Times have changed & our minds and spirit needs to adapt to these changes.
That's the difference between the Old Testament and the New. Jesus came and paid the ulitmate price. The old ways are over and are now used as a means to show how far we've fallen from grace.
God also killed people for entering the temple in an unclean matter; now, you come to church and repent and you're forgiven.
It's a concept that not a lot of non-Christians understand. After you give your life over to Christ, you are not a slave to the Law and sin.

So many good movies, so little time.
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Stones, sir?
MANDY:
Naah. They've got a lot there, lying around on the ground.
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Oh, not like these, sir. Look at this. Feel the quality of that. That's craftsmanship, sir.
MANDY:
Hmmm. Aah, all right. We'll have, uh, two with points and... a big flat one.
BRIAN:
Could I have a flat one, Mum?
MANDY:
Shh!
BRIAN:
Sorry. Dad.
MANDY:
Ehh, all right. Two points, ah, two flats, and a packet of gravel.
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Packet of gravel. Should be a good one this afternoon.
MANDY:
Hehh?
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Local boy.
MANDY:
Oh, good.
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Enjoy yourselves.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Even the claim that religious groups have got their religion's incorrectly based will be frowned upon and fought against. People die for their religions and you think these people can be swayed without a fight? It's simply not that easy and would be impossible in my opinion to achieve this unification.
God is like a Master Planner who/that guides the universe rather than one who controls it. God is not this mighty ruler who wishes to enslave mankind, but a peaceful coexistence of the spirits or souls of many of our forefathers, past prophets, and all who lived righteously. Cultures change with time. God has always been the same, but our perception of God will vary with time.

Transcendentalism is an effort to stop the killings over religious misperceptions by attempting to implement religious rationality, which today is an oxymoron.

As time passes and when people eventually transcend their religious prejudices (maybe in 100 years) they will no longer say, “I am a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian”; then they will say “I am a Jewish Transcendentalist, a Muslim Transcendentalist, a Christian Transcendentalist”; and thereafter they will say “I am a Transcendentalist”.

See http://transcendentalism.us

After you give your life over to Christ, you are not a slave to the Law and sin.
A slave is a slave....if you must obey the master...which is the church doctrine...God does not need nor want slaves.

L. Michael White:
Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

From a historical perspective what we really know about the life of Jesus is very, very limited depending on which gospel you read. His actual career may be something less then one year and maybe even as little as only a few months, whereas in John's Gospel his career is nearly three years long. So there are these kinds of historical discrepancies among the gospels themselves. They range from the way his birth occurred to the actual day on which he was executed and even to the kinds of teachings and miracles that he performs throughout his career. As a result we begin to see that the gospels themselves are not as useable as historical information as we might have hoped.

Originally Posted by uconjack
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Stones, sir?
MANDY:
Naah. They've got a lot there, lying around on the ground.
HARRY THE HAGGLER:
Oh, not like these, sir. Look at this. Feel the quality of that. That's craftsmanship, sir.
Agreed...and preachers are like HARRY THE HAGGLER.

history *is* moralizing
If all the events that occurred as written in the Bible, Qur’an and Torah
real tolerance would begin when you consider other religions than the three ones believing in an almighty god, plus the ones believing in several gods. monotheism has been the historical source of religious intolerance and fanatism, after all.

history *is* moralizing
Which Man created; not God.
that is materialism incarnate. so stop speaking about religious matters, and "spiritual but not religious" and blahblah, i read more deep thoughts on match.com...
meaning, if you don't believe it, admit it, and don't come explaining to people what they should believe in and what not.

Arresting your development
Whenever I look for God, religion always stands in my way.

Noone has mentioned the jedi religion, may the force be with you.
Startrek isn't far behind either, live long and prosper.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
real tolerance would begin when you consider other religions than the three ones believing in an almighty god, plus the ones believing in several gods. monotheism has been the historical source of religious intolerance and fanatism, after all.
GOD PROCLAIMS

I am God, the God from the beginning of God.
I did not come from nowhere.
I play no magic tricks on man.
I did not create the earth by casting spells.
I had a humble beginning the same as man;
My beginning was at the dawn of spirituality.
My wisdom grows as more spirits unite
After the cessation of life after much physical strife.
Throughout time I have been named God,
Allah, Jehovah, The Great Spirit, and many more.
I do not judge man for his vanity or naivety
To be the one who claims to please me the most.
I am easy to please. I require very little.
I only want you to do what is best for mankind.
I will bless you and wish you well.
I will inspire your mind and you will
Accomplish the unfathomable.
I require no worship. I need nothing from man.
I am self sufficient. I am spirit.

Develop your spirit wisely, the best that you can.
Live your life for the betterment of man.
Your spirit will soon be with me and then
Together we will see and traverse the universe.
There are many wonders to behold,
Your spirit will soar.
You will partake in all the wisdom
That has been gathered from the beginning of time.
The stars will be your playground.
You can play with the animals,
Be with your loved ones,
Listen to the greatest opera,
Stage or musical performances,
Or you can just relax next to a bubbling brook
And enjoy the scenery.
You feel no pain, despair,
Heartache, or negative emotions.
You are now One with me.
You are with God my child.

Kurt
http://transcendentalists.org

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Whenever I look for God, religion always stands in my way.
touche

history *is* moralizing
and i thought i had a tendency to masturbate too often...
at least i don't need an audience and i don't try to convince them of the advantages of masturbation.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
yeah, well, i guess that's what some call a transcendental answer...........
transcendental can mean supernatural, superior or supreme

your opinion is which?

A slave is a slave....if you must obey the master...which is the church doctrine...God does not need nor want slaves.
This is only half true. God doesn't want slaves in a sense. Just like I have a son and I expect him to do as I tell him, he is not my slave. However, we, as humans, are slaves to sin. We are unable to NOT sin apart from God. God promises us that through Jesus, he can offer redemption and freedom from the bondage of sin. In 2Peter, Peter talks about false teachers and has this to say," ...They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity-for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him." God requires obediance from us; when we fall short, He gently rebukes us through conviction and ultimately...repentance.

L. Michael White:
Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

From a historical perspective what we really know about the life of Jesus is very, very limited depending on which gospel you read. His actual career may be something less then one year and maybe even as little as only a few months, whereas in John's Gospel his career is nearly three years long. So there are these kinds of historical discrepancies among the gospels themselves. They range from the way his birth occurred to the actual day on which he was executed and even to the kinds of teachings and miracles that he performs throughout his career. As a result we begin to see that the gospels themselves are not as useable as historical information as we might have hoped.
This is some guy's opinion and now I'll give you mine based on the understanding of scripture. God used all four men to tell the story of Christ in the way that each one was best suited. It is folly to think that he would sit four individual men down and have them all write the exact same testimony. There are some overlapping in each of the Gospels, but God wanted each man to tell it how He wanted them to with their own individual abilities. He used Matthew to show that Jesus was the Messiah of the Old Testament. He used Mark to record the events in Jesus' life using facts and actions rather than themes or topics. It is the shortest Gospel, but the most detailed. God obviouslt chose him for his memory of details.
Luke, the doctor, was an educated man. His Gospel is long and full of the true and complete life and works of Jesus. He gives more attention to how Jesus interacted with children which as a doctor, must have had a huge impact on Luke.
John, last but not least, was used by God to give an accurate outline of Jesus' life. It reports miracles that the other's didn't write about. The other's used a lot of Jesus' parables, where John's account doesn't talk about the parables. The purpose of this Gospel was to record the sign, wonders and miracles. John gives great attention to the human nature of Jesus, often commenting how Jesus was tired, sad, hungry and loving...it's my favorite book. I hope this shows how the books are different for a very good reason.

history *is* moralizing
transcendental can mean supernatural, superior or supreme
your opinion is which?
my opinion is, after visiting yr website, that any religion is superior, more supreme and supernatural than yr theories (that are not new either, people possessed by their ego have already created thousand so-called "spiritual" movements in this *New Age*, blending the elements appealing to their small self-interest and ego and belly button , since it's much easier than transcending yrself on the base of rules that are not here to be convenient, or make you feel good, but to improve you, against yr dominating ego.