Donnie Darko - discuss it (megaspoilers naturally)

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by geeWcee
you seem to get into alot of arguments on a lot of threads that go way off the mark of the original post and change into personal slanging matches.......
Have you even been reading this thread? akS decided that, beyond just disagreeing with Bryan, he had to (poorly) mock him, too. I've no tolerance for that sort of childish crap, and frankly, I'm disturbed at your implied condoning of it.

I have seen some people get banned by very unforgiving moderators
Er...like who?

there's a frog in my snake oil
[quote=geeWcee]Yoda,
you seem to get into alot of arguments on a lot of threads that go way off the mark of the original post and change into personal slanging matches.......

wassup mate? I haven't been here long - is this a regular thing with you?[quote]

Oooooohhhhhhh yes. He be the conservative capo of this tattle tribe. Beware fellow brit, he will harangue you with uncle-sam-isms or general derision, then disappear if you question his logical schisms. (well, he has this time - saw you starting to reply then stopping yodi If your unseen green mightiness would like a more constructive argument/discussion, then come back to the Iraq/Bush discussion. Cooooome baaaaaack)

Originally Posted by Yoda
Have you even been reading this thread? akS decided that, beyond just disagreeing with Bryan, he had to (poorly) mock him, too. I've no tolerance for that sort of childish crap, and frankly, I'm disturbed at your implied condoning of it.

Er...like who?
Yeah, akS has been cussing people for no reason and is generally dogmatic. But Yodes, youre not doing much better in your attempt at containment to be honest mate.

I suspect the much lamented django might be the example in question

Originally Posted by Golgot
Yeah, akS has been cussing people for no reason and is generally dogmatic. But Yodes, youre not doing much better in your attempt at containment to be honest mate.

I suspect the much lamented django might be the example in question
I've made no effort to contain, Gols. If I wanted to contain, I'd simply warn him to stop immediately...which is what I'll do if he continues.

As for Django: he wasn't banned, and anyone who regards the moderators here as "very unforgiving" probably hasn't been to many forums. I've been involved in quite a few boards, and I've never seen a group of forum managers put up with as many direct insults and attacks as this gang has.

Oooooohhhhhhh yes. He be the conservative capo of this tattle tribe. Beware fellow brit, he will harangue you with uncle-sam-isms or general derision, then disappear if you question his logical schisms. (well, he has this time - saw you starting to reply then stopping yodi If your unseen green mightiness would like a more constructive argument/discussion, then come back to the Iraq/Bush discussion. Cooooome baaaaaack)
What the?

I've made no effort to contain, Gols. If I wanted to contain, I'd simply warn him to stop immediately...which is what I'll do if he continues.
oookay. You are running a practicing democracy style of site, which is all much appreciated (until some become more equal than others under the starring system. Heheheh, only joking green-one, tis your site. Your star system would indeed make cyclical arguments like this one with you and akS far less likely. i.e. neither of yous is going to back down, or do more than name call really it seems, so what's being acheived? Won't talk about the tangent thing going on here coz i'm a tangent-monster meself. Oh yeah, and I know, i know, the equality thing is from communism. Damn. Frigging tangents)

As for Django: he wasn't banned, and anyone who regards the moderators here as "very unforgiving" probably hasn't been to many forums. I've been involved in quite a few boards, and I've never seen a group of forum managers put up with as many direct insults and attacks as this gang has.
I know Django wasn't banned, you don't ban, but i can imagine it appeared that way to anyone just reading the recent posts.

What the?
Heheh, thought the other stuff wouldn't go down to well (erm, i was well off on the not-posting thing tho . A bit of "who's online" amateur sleuthing gone wrong)

I know you're a busy man, arguing about the nature of maturity and all that, but i'll stand by the "sam-isms" claim. It refers to your belief in Bush the second being a reasonable man who is doing and has done no real wrong. I won't bang on about it, and you don't have to come back to it, but some of the reasons for me believing him to be a bit iffy (man, i'm so damn polite ) are still hanging around on one of the Iraq threads. Like i said b4, i'd appreciate your views (and am open to being convinced that Bush is indeed an upright and positive influence in society, if you can negate or counter-balance those and other points that i have against him)

Again, your perogative.

The "general derision" comment feels a bit out of order now, considering that this is an open forum and you are a reasonable guy most of the time, but occasionally there is a bit of "rail-roading" into submission by regulars rather than triumph by debate which goes on. Still, pretty inevitable. Very well, have at those that spite thee (or ignore them if they're just out of nappies )

Oh, dammit, you're gonna tell me you don't "have at them" at all now and other point-by-point refutations aren't you. Come to the Iraq thread. Cooooome. We should really change it to the why-bush-is-a-bit-iffy thread, but coooooome anyway. I can show you why the Bush/Enron relationship was dubious/highly-unprofessional/bad for the nation. I can tell you many intriguing and no-doubt infuriating things. Coooome. When you've calmed down

Anyway..................... DD is a very good flick. It's open to interpretation. Enjoy.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i did

reckon you should check out the website Slayty all the same. I think it's designed to give more insight into the world they've generated and help with your appreciation of the film. Understand you wanting to take it as is tho.

gol-gantuanargument-got

Yeah, akS has been cussing people for no reason and is generally dogmatic.
That's right mother ****er. Haha.
Actually, it was you who took it literally. Short-term memory problem?
You know what, if I didn't have a short term memory problem then I would come back with something witty. Maybe another time. As for the literal thing, uhm, nope, never did that.
so I would back off because I have seen some people get banned by very unforgiving moderators
yea, good idea man, I just noticed I was cussin at an admin. I'm just gonna tone it down a bunch.

Originally Posted by akSADDAMak
As for the literal thing, uhm, nope, never did that.
"Grow up? Into what?"

Originally Posted by akSADDAMak
yea, good idea man, I just noticed I was cussin at an admin. I'm just gonna tone it down a bunch.
My status as an admin is irrelevant: if you continue to cuss at anyone like that unprovoked, action will be taken. Harsh, maybe, but wholly necessary to preserve worthwhile discourse.

Yoda, uhm, I never took it to the literal level. I don't see how where you quoted me I talked about the literal sense of aging and growing up.

I wished the buck stopped here
Yoda I never mean any personal offence, but it just seems you use your position as admin (not irrelevant at all) to be a bit of a ball-breaker.
Most forums I subscribe to, the admin running it would shut down a thread as soon as an argument not relevant to the original post ensued.
Try keep it that way. And movie forums will be a better place.

I See You When You're Sleeping
That would be boring, I like a bit of irrelevance........said the pig choking on carbon dioxide.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
That would be boring, I like a bit of irrelevance........said the pig choking on carbon dioxide.
Me too - but not a lengthy personal slanging match between folk.....
Maybe there should be a new forum: Yoda vs public

That way in there it would be relevant

Me too - but not a lengthy personal slanging match between folk.....
Maybe there should be a new forum: Yoda vs public

That way in there it would be relevant
t's kinda traditional round here - but you've gotta admit, the yodsters strangely beguiling dialectic did get akS to calm down and be a bit more reasonable - so hopefully he won't be so over the top in future

Besides, the Yodes has got so many scuffles and rebuttles pending his nodes might explode if he took them all on on one thread.

Apologies for the "derision" comment Yodilini - i take it back (it ended up there mainly to fit the rhyme. Poncy poesy and practicality don't mix so well, i keep forgetting ). The derision normally comes from other corners. Not convinced your logical points are always that logical, but logic's not my strong point, and you are pretty damn reasonable in the face of fire (more than i'd be anyway ).

Hmm, makes me wanna start a slightly ageist thread of a positive type

gg (super-hero in an alternate-reality)

This is a thread about a movie. If you want to have a "Blast Yoda" thread, then go start one. I've been here for almost a year, and have had my share of scraps with the Yodaler. He's frustrating because he is so single minded sometimes, but he is respectful and never tries to censor any thread, without a very good reason, or ban others for having different points of view. He is a class act as far as Admin's I've ever known, and all of your complaints, after only being here a short while, are groundless and ignorant.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
This is a thread about a movie.
Well, it was...........

after only being here a short while, are groundless and ignorant.
I could get into a Yoda style argument here, but I can't be bothered. My name isnt Django....

Lets put a smile on that block
This is a thread about a movie. If you want to have a "Blast Yoda" thread, then go start one. I've been here for almost a year, and have had my share of scraps with the Yodaler. He's frustrating because he is so single minded sometimes, but he is respectful and never tries to censor any thread, without a very good reason, or ban others for having different points of view. He is a class act as far as Admin's I've ever known, and all of your complaints, after only being here a short while, are groundless and ignorant.
I couldnt have said it better. Well done Slay. All the newbies (u know who u are) should do some research before you start throwing accusations around about your assumptions of this board and its members.

Anywhoo, i loved Donny Darko, not sure i agreed with all the interpretations on here though but its still a fave movie of mine.

i'd like to meet this Django character.

Apologies for the "derision" comment Yodilini
Yodilini....... ! That sounds like a type of pasta.